PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man The Board Game (Coming Thursday to Kickstarter)

jason
12-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Hello everyone!

Mega Man the board game will be hitting kickstarter on Thursday the 12th at noon Central Time.

We are calling upon all of our fans to go out and help us spread the word! Please go post on 3-4 gaming forums and blogs and share the news about the board game.

If we can get the entire UFS community to do this, we will have thousands of posts and a huge reach to promote the game!

Most importantly, visit our boardgamegeek.com page (when it goes live tomorrow) and help push that page to the number 1 spot. If we show up on the home page we increase our reach by tens of thousands of views!

Thank you all, in the mean time, if you haven't already liked us:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=742662362429331&set=a.683170748378493.1073741828.659545770740991&type=1&theater

Thank you all for your support!

SuperMetalerox
12-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I like Jasco Games, and I will support you in anything but this, Mega Man fans are so ungraceful(Talking trash of capcom all the time). Also I read several comments in other websites making fun of this board game saying we don't get real game except a board game, and other stuff ect.. They don't deserve anything. Mega Man fans worst fans ever, I don't even like Megaman only reason I tolerate Mega Man is because of capcom. I would support anything else from you except for Mega Man products. If this product wasn't based on Mega Man, I would totally support you. At the end I want you guys & girls at Jasco to do well finacially.

Vanguard
12-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Megaman is awesome. UFS is awesome. Board games are cool. Collectible card games are cool. Jasco Games rules.

Where's the problem ?

SuperMetalerox
12-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Simple Mega Man franchise and it's fans.

RockStar
12-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Simple Mega Man franchise and it's fans.

Of which there are a number of awesome and friendly ufs players who are also MM fans. Not sure if you've fully thought about the implications and the dire necessity for Jasco to really move A LOT of units of this board game. I don't have the inside track or anything, but it doesn't take a genius to connect the dots and see that if this community really wants Street Fighter back in UFS, then doing exceptionally well with MM is an absolute perquisite!

SuperMetalerox
12-11-2013, 08:38 PM
RockStar
As someone who knows about Capcom and its franchises in almost all senses let me tell you this.
This MegaMan project will be successful without Jasco telling us to spread the word out. Why because as someone shops anything that has the capcom logo on it I buy it, reason why I am here in the first place. Yes I am crazy but Mega Man fans are crazier do you know how hard is to win an ebay auction of MegaMan item almost mission impossible and the quantity they are willing to pay for it. Yes they buy anything that has MegaMan, even things that are not megaman just because its like MegaMan - Mighty 9/ just because they were mad at capcom because there were not new games, game cancellations ect. My guess to why Jasco is making game is to make revenue they know that potential of purchase of MegaMan fans. See the Jasco facebook page very few likes see the megaman boardgame page has thousands of likes. MegaMans fans know everything there is to know, I didn't knew about kickstarter until mighty 9 do you really think megaman fans don't know about it, Mighty 9 is an example, most of the people who backed that project are or were Mega Man fans, I didn't backed that project because I knew they didn't need my help. Street Fighter doesn't need the MegaMan board game to comeback. If the king of fighters return who is a lesser known franchise in USA, Why not Street fighter who’s is better known and more profitable? Unless Capcom wants a lot more money for the licensed which I don't think so although Capcom is having financial problems. Only god and Jasco Games know why there is not a street fighter license. As to why I don’t like most Mega Man fans is because they trash talk of Capcom and can’t stand that. I never like the Mega Man franchise because to me is childish, silly and boring, I like protoman because he is cool but does about it, and I am not calling Capcom names and backstabbing Capcom funding projects like Mighty 9. Mega Mans fans think they have suffer game cancellations that Capcom makes fun of Mega Man by putting a fat version of him SFxT, This board game. Do they think that’s suffering they don’t know whats real suffering is. They don’t know what is like to wait a decade for fighting game sequels. All the time that Capcom didn’t released a fighting game except for Fighting evolution and the compilations that weren’t new games. Mega Mans don’t know nothing and never will.

Nubian God
12-11-2013, 08:55 PM
RockStar
As someone who knows about Capcom and its franchises in almost all senses let me tell you this.
This MegaMan project will be successful without Jasco telling us to spread the word out. Why because as someone shops anything that has the capcom logo on it I buy it, reason why I am here in the first place. Yes I am crazy but Mega Man fans are crazier do you know how hard is to win an ebay auction of MegaMan item almost mission impossible and the quantity they are willing to pay for it. Yes they buy anything that has MegaMan, even things that are not megaman just because its like MegaMan - Mighty 9/ just because they were mad at capcom because there were not new games, game cancellations ect. My guess to why Jasco is making game is to make revenue they know that potential of purchase of MegaMan fans. See the Jasco facebook page very few likes see the megaman boardgame page has thousands of likes. MegaMans fans know everything there is to know, I didn't knew about kickstarter until mighty 9 do you really think megaman fans don't know about it, Mighty 9 is an example, most of the people who backed that project are or were Mega Man fans, I didn't backed that project because I knew they didn't need my help. Street Fighter doesn't need the MegaMan board game to comeback. If the king of fighters return who is a lesser known franchise in USA, Why not Street fighter who’s is better known and more profitable? Unless Capcom wants a lot more money for the licensed which I don't think so although Capcom is having financial problems. Only god and Jasco Games know why there is not a street fighter license. As to why I don’t like most Mega Man fans is because they trash talk of Capcom and can’t stand that. I never like the Mega Man franchise because to me is childish, silly and boring, I like protoman because he is cool but does about it, and I am not calling Capcom names and backstabbing Capcom funding projects like Mighty 9. Mega Mans fans think they have suffer game cancellations that Capcom makes fun of Mega Man by putting a fat version of him SFxT, This board game. Do they think that’s suffering they don’t know nothing. They don’t know what is like to wait a decade for fighting game sequels. All the time that Capcom didn’t released a fighting game except for Fighting evolution and the compilations that weren’t new games. Mega Mans don’t know nothing and will.

I'd imagine the reason JascoGames doesn't have the Street Fighter license is because of the Deck-building Game (http://www.destructoid.com/pre-orders-open-for-street-fighter-deck-building-game-267063.phtml) they have in the works. Then again, I don't know if giving Jasco the license for UFS would be a conflict or not, but that'd be my guess.

Also, it seems like people are quicker to express their disdain than it is for people to praise (one of the things the service industry has taught me). Anything that you see on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't the minority (if not VERY vocal, but it is the internet).

Awaken
12-12-2013, 11:20 AM
dont care about MegaMan fans being dicks, this boardgame is under the umbrella that houses UFS its a newish company seeking to make a bigger mark on the industry and i will support that with my dying breath...

Doji_Mike
12-12-2013, 11:25 AM
dont care about MegaMan fans being dicks, this boardgame is under the umbrella that houses UFS its a newish company seeking to make a bigger mark on the industry and i will support that with my dying breath...

This x1000, if the boardgame succeeds it means they can put more money into things that UFS so direly needs e.g. Advertising.

RockStar
12-12-2013, 11:46 AM
This x1000, if the boardgame succeeds it means they can put more money into things that UFS so direly needs e.g. Advertising.

Really, this was the point I was trying to convey, and why I will be supporting Jasco in this venture.

dutpotd
12-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Certain people are dicks so "I won't perform as follows" is kind of silly given everyone is capable of being a :):):):) and likely most people have been at some point in their life.

Mega Man fans are passionate. I'm looking forward to this board game and will share those feelings with others :)

SuperMetalerox
12-12-2013, 12:15 PM
I didn't knew about this card game yet, But it seems this might be the reason. You can't have two card games competing at the same time. Thanks for the link. Now I know what to save money for, Although this card game seems to reuse artwork from previous Street Fighter merchandise like the cover art was use for the street fighter heroclix package art, Some cards use Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter HD Remix artwork. The Gill art seems like original artwork.

dutpotd
12-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Wow, the kickstarter page for the board game is up and it is really well done... Hmmm, all I have to decide now is what to pledge.

SuperMetalerox
12-12-2013, 01:10 PM
In the kickstarter they should add the $10,15,20 pledges for those can't give more. The gifts are terrible. The protoman figure and art print are acceptable but 25 is to much. Anyone can get a get a better figure online instead of a uncolored one. 500 for color set and they don't even look alright. People who are really fans should get the uncolored ones and buy some cans of paint and do them selves. For your next project Jasco I would like you to get a general SNK All-STAR lincense that feauture, World of Heroes, King of Monsters, Metal Slug, ect.

Vanguard
12-12-2013, 01:27 PM
if this community really wants street fighter back in ufs, then doing exceptionally well with mm is an absolute perquisite!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NO MORE street fighter PLEASE

Cetonis
12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
But, but what is UFS without busted Ibuki cards? :P

Drewkasa
12-12-2013, 02:45 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NO MORE street fighter PLEASE

*Points at Vega quote in sig* That's how I feel about Street Fighter coming back to UFS.

dutpotd
12-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Already reached it's goal? Anyone want to place bets on where it will end up??? :)

I like that the email I got from Kickstarter is the same picture as the playmat I've used for the last 4 months but with 'FUNDED' in his blaster. Good on Jasco - can't wait to play the game!!!

boredtodeath0321
12-12-2013, 05:33 PM
My guess is it will end up at around 100000 give or take a few hundred

dutpotd
12-12-2013, 05:34 PM
My guess is it will end up at around 100000 give or take a few hundred

You mean by midnight tonight right?

GTORules
12-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Wow, the kickstarter page for the board game is up and it is really well done... Hmmm, all I have to decide now is what to pledge.

Pshaw Garett, we know you are one of the two thus far that pledged $2,000.

DalaiLama
12-12-2013, 05:41 PM
I bet on 2 Millions.

Shaneth
12-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Damn high hopes for this game now

SuperMetalerox
12-13-2013, 11:17 AM
The crazy MegaMan fans did it again, successfully funding another project, Jasco didn't need to post this tread to tell UFS players to spread the word.