PDA

View Full Version : New York State Circuit Teams Event Results

broshades
01-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Greetings from Wappinger Falls, NY!

We had 8 teams show up today!

Swiss standings are:
1. Team Over 700! (Sean O'Brien, Matt Hughes, Jeff Khan)
2. Team Cataclysmic Force (Ryan Field, Christine O'Brien, Andre Force)
3. Team Gung Ho Guns (Tim Keefe, Rich Goetshius, Jared Bohizic)
4. Team Treebeard (Kevin Broberg, Ed Mead, Ben Broberg)
5. Team Po'Town Throwdown (Sabino Cuomo, Nick Ganzer, Slappy)
6. Team Obscurity (Jack Hale, Kelly Hornick, Billy Goetshius)
7. The Black Tristars (Dominick De Palma, Muten, Nick Furnari)
8. Team Fuzzy Wuzzies (Cassy Shaw, Gerald Brunson, Jean-Guy Lautre)

Cetonis
01-25-2014, 10:40 PM
Semis:

Team Over 700 (Vespera, Omar, Nehtali) def. Team Treebeard (Jin, Xianghua, Birch)
Team Gung Ho Guns (Kula, Vincent Grey, Mai) def. Team Cat Force (Reese, Garett, ??)

Finals:

Team Over 700 (Vespera, Omar, Nehtali) def Team Gung Ho Guns (Kula, Vincent Grey, Mai)

All matches were very tight and went to three games, but it wound up being a 3-0 sweep. Congrats to Sean, Matt and Giggles on the win!

------------------------------------------------

Standings update - 3 of 6 events complete:

10 points
Ryan Field (5-3-2)
Jared Bohizic (2-5-3)

9 points
Kevin Broberg (3-4-2)

8 points
Sean O'Brien (2-2-4)

7 points
Jack Hale (4-2-1)
Tim Keefe (1-3-3)

6 points
Jeffrey Kahn (0-2-4)
Matt Hughes (0-2-4)

5 points
Christine O'Brien (2-1-2)

4 points
Cassy Shaw (3-0-1)
Rich Goetschius (0-1-3)

3 points
Nick Ganzer (2-0-1)

2 points
Andre Force (0-0-2)
Ed Mead (0-0-2)
Ben Broberg (0-0-2)

1 point
(anyone who appeared at one event but didn't make a top 8. If someone should have one point from two different events, correct me)

dutpotd
01-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Sounds like fun! Thx for the reporting :)

SevenUpYours
01-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Me and the entire Jersey Crew that attended had a blast (Even though we took the two lowest spots) This was a day and money well spent for us and we're looking forward to attending future events in the area. We are at present planning to attend the next event in April, assuming funds are available to us to get there and back, and with the time frame we have that shouldn't be an issue. Oh and for future reference I am Nick Furnari, but it's probably easier to just use Seven if you see me at events as Nick is a stupidly common name and if anyone yells out "Hey Seven" I will know who you're referring too and acknowledge. Also a huge thanks to Cassy for helping out our second team, and to Sean and Tim for all of your help! A big thanks to everyone who was able to give our newer players help with their decks and cards to help fill out their collections we were laughing and having a grand time the entire day even up to when we finally got home. Can't wait to see everyone again this community is why we play the game, everyone is welcoming and always good for a laugh.

broshades
01-26-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm so glad you guys had such a great time at your first event!

SevenUpYours
01-26-2014, 04:28 PM
XD Yeah, this was a learning experience for everyone as well. Me and Muten both found flaws in our builds that can be easily rectified now that we know where to look. We will be trying our hand again soon (Maybe next time I'll actually play Royal Lily instead of Devastator K' seemed to be more effective than I thought against the current meta.)

MermaidKelly
01-26-2014, 08:49 PM
I posted in the original thread before I saw this one, but I wanted to express how much I enjoyed the event, and that I am looking forward to more events like this in the future! I loved meeting everybody from the different areas, and it was exciting for me to have my first chance in a large tournament. Although I am one of the newer players, I'm proud to say I won over half my games! What a great experience!

wafflecopter
01-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Great meeting you Jersey folks! I'm excited to actually talk with more of you at the next event instead of just playing Smash between rounds :P

Twin44
01-27-2014, 03:14 PM
I didn't get to play Smash. I was too busy wrangling in a spiders web....

But it really was great to see the New Jersey crew come out for the event. It really wouldn't have been a success without you guys and I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Maybe at some point we could all get back together for a small round of insanity on a weekend. I'm down for starting a Poughkeepsie vs New Jersey rivalry :P

Organizing the event was a little, nay, complete insanity, but it was definitely worth it. I'm glad everyone had fun overall and we hope to see you next time!

And thanks Cetonis for taking care of the overall points standings. I was going a little nuts trying to remember everyone's names to update it, then I saw this. Yay me tied in points for first!!!!!!

SevenUpYours
01-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Glad to hear everyone was so happy that we came up! knowing that makes the trip even more worth it because it wasn't just us that were entertained by our presence. Oh and Twin That rivalry started when K' lost me game two because I couldn't draw attacks (grins).