PDA

View Full Version : Lets' make Personalized UFS cards

SuperMetalerox
01-29-2014, 08:39 PM
I had this idea of having custom art in cards.

Example lets say some has a King of Fighters Ryo character card and you don't like the artwork style, want something unique, or just want a fresh look in your card. Play with your card like always but with new look just for change wouldn't that be cool, same abilities, legal to play. when playing against another player, and he or she ask you from where did you get that card just say don't worry this card is based on an actual card its just customized with new artwork, the other person can easily verify that indeed a card with the same abilities exist.

1) Only the artwork will change.
2) Everything else will remain the same.
3) Can be verify and compare to original

Next I would like for people that would like to help out in making custom cards for everyone interested contribute by giving information on the following.

1)Card temples
2)Editing Software
3)Printing Services
4)Miscellaneous information (that could help)

:cool: We are all UNIQUE, lets be a ORIGINAL as well.
~Erick C. XX~:D

Zamora
01-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Well from what I've seen, you can use a marker over the card sleeve to customize a card in a cheap way. Ex. drawing boobs on flat chested female characters(yuri and such) alluring interest from the opponent and allowing you to look through their deck while they're busy or what have you.

now actually customizing the artwork... bit difficult however you can make your own prototype cards with your own art, designs etc. for relatively cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjfIZE5ISck
from what I've heard this is the best cheapest option. Seeing as you're a bad banana peel, I would limit this to local play other wise you might create some suspicion at tournaments and such...

Pandasauce
01-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately this will never be legal to print your own cards. You can do as Zamora suggested, but not so much that you cannot verify that the card it is copying is a legit copy. Making hard to get cards by yourself by changing the art devalues one of the main draws to a TCG. Not a bad idea since I am not a fan of some of the new art, but cant plausibly be legal in a sanctioned event.

SuperMetalerox
01-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Do anyone remember when Jasco put for sale the gencon megaman card on the main page? I remember that I have to buy the cards from a site call drivethroughgames. each card cost me 1 dollar and they told me that I had to wait some days for them because they had to be printed. I was thinking that designing the cards in a computer program and then ask them to print the cards, but I am not sure if they would do that? Could it be possible?

anyone has any good idea? Also I have a question unrelated to this, When I am on ebay sometimes I see Mtg cards that are custom made how do they do those? do they draw in top of cards or do they make their own cards from scratch?

dracomageat
01-31-2014, 09:49 AM
M:tG "proxies" are self printed non-sanctioned replicas, often with alternate art or foiling on cards that aren't meant to have it.
There are, however, some highly skilled artists out there that can extend or alter the original art of the card with paint and a brush without noticibly marking it in a deck. There are detailed rules on when these cards are and aren't legal but, in general, they tend to be allowed. Always be wary though, some ebay sellers will try to con you with proxies.

JennaBanana
02-04-2014, 10:07 PM
the repaints are the best option for this but they can be pricey

Archimedes
02-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Just want it known that any "proxies" aren't tournament sanctioned and if you attempt to play with them at a sanctioned event you shall be disqualified for illegal cards.

SuperMetalerox
02-05-2014, 12:26 PM
the repaints are the best option for this but they can be pricey

Do you know what type of materials are needed to paint cards? Provided names of toos or brands, thanks.

SuperMetalerox
02-05-2014, 12:33 PM
I am not familiar with the term "PROXIES". I don't know yet all CCG terms. This is my first CCG.

NJBrock22
02-06-2014, 02:29 AM
proxie means "in place of" (see printing off a copy of a card because you dont own it/lost it) they are allowed at SOME tournaments[locals mainly, and with fair warning]) as Brett said though, no proxies are allowed at major tournaments to keep the field of play ballanced(seeing someone come in with a deck that is 1 character and 59 "cards"[aka proxies of URs and Promos] can be a big problem[i've seen it happen in Raw Deal before...]) so yeah... now if say someone ripped up your card or you got soda/water spilled on one of your cards while you were sideboarding a judge may make an exception(or find a replacement copy for you) but that'd be an extreme case. As to what was stated above though, yeah as Juan said you CAN edit your own cards or make your own 'fantasy cards' just know that when you show up at an event above "Local Play" you're probably gonna get a stern talking to from a scout/tournament organizer about that card.

N.J.

dracomageat
02-14-2014, 09:36 AM
Actual altered art cards should be legal, within certain restrictions, but whether they are or not is entirely up to the judges of any event you attend and just because M:tG judges tend to look favourably upon them doesn't mean UFS ones will.