PDA

View Full Version : Extended and Legacy Formats - Will you play them?

dutpotd
08-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi guys,

So UFS is slowly but surely gaining ground in my area again. Interests are peaked by the new promos released, and all eyes are on the duely awaited Red Horizon just around the corner.

I'm pushing for all formats to be played at our local hobby stores. Something like Standard 3 out of 4 weeks of the month, and then fitting Extended and Legacy in on the off-week. The reason I'm pushing for this is two-fold - 1) Both Extended and Legacy are fun and evolving, I actually hope that more bans/erratas are issued to these formats as needed to change the landscape of the meta and force players to figure out new ways to play (and likely use the growing Standard card pool to their advantage). And 2) the Prize Support, namely the ability to reinstate a card from the past, or design an Action card, is worth dedicating time and effort towards.

My question to the community is - are you going to rise to the challenge and start to play these old/new formats? I think there are a lot of benefits to playing them, and in regards to your ability to play and understand the Standard format as well:

- Get more mileage out of your previously purchased cards. Doesn't need explanation, does it?

- Gather a greater appreciation for the Standard format which is a different type of agressive than Extended, not as quick as Legacy, and an arguably more refined/advanced card pool.

- Improve your Standard play by recalling what was possible in the past. Control and defense will continue to evolve in Standard, as will devastating new ways to attack and kill. Having experience with the rampant control element and different pace of play, hard and soft control/counters, will come in handy when preparing for what is becomes possible in Standard (which is inevitable as the card pool grows).

- Get to use your favorite out-of-current-license characters. What's that? You are one of those pathetic couches that like Nakorur-ooo, in these formats you can play as her - regretably.

I'm sure there are other reasons to play these formats, and I hope each and every one of you are discovering and being compelled by them so that more UFS is played more often! Also, Sketch needs to top 8 in all 3 (not just 2) at the next big con so he can play all 3 back to back to back one Saturday morning :)

- dut

Hatman
08-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Fact : No one in Montreal plays legacy.

Fact : Two people (including me) play Extended or have an Extended deck (lolAlba).

Yeah, not gonna happen, and with few people even wanting to touch the degenerated format that is Legacy here...

dutpotd
08-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Fact : No one in Montreal plays legacy.

Fact : Two people (including me) play Extended or have an Extended deck (lolAlba)

Yeah, not gonna happen, and with few people even wanting to touch the degenerated format that is Legacy here...

Well, with that attitude no one is going to touch you either :)

Seriously, tell the people that don't play Extended (the not you and one other) to visit this thread, realize they are missing out, and play MOAR UFS.

Also, smile more Hatman - it is Friday.

- dut

Nfxon
08-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I agree that aggressive bans / erratas will only improve those two formats.
Personally I've had a legacy deck idea / the actual deck for some time.
Extended is another ball of wax I haven't cracked yet.

I'd just like to see em spread out more so that players can reliably play in ALL formats.

dutpotd
08-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I'd just like to see em spread out more so that players can reliably play in ALL formats.

This is paramount to these alternative formats sucess in my opinion, forcing players to pick and choose will derail the numbers and competitive nature of the format. I'm sure Jason/everyone agrees.

- dut

HypeMan!
08-27-2010, 12:24 PM
I've been really getting excited about building a Legacy deck lately. Also, for the people in my gaming club that I want to get off magic and onto UFS, a Cube, which is also technically Legacy, is a lot of fun too. After seeing Legacy Worlds, I see how much fun Legacy can be and why some people so ravenously like it. I was talking to Scott about a deck and what I needed, but unless there's a tournament or frequent play near me I don't have to rush to get the cards I need. I'd love to see more Legacy pop up to play in and test stuff competitively.

Moar Legacy :D

ScottGaines
08-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah i'm talking with jasco at the moment and submitting some cards to him to be added to the legacy banned list. It will help tone down legacy some from the special kind of retarted broken, to the normal retarted broken, aka ufs :) Chess, fighting games, math and jedi mind tricks.

ReploidX
08-27-2010, 12:44 PM
As long as there's a Mitsurugi in all available formats, I'll probably play all formats. Let's see, there's Standard 'Rugi, Shogyusha 'Rugi, 8th Bill 'Rugi......[goes on for a while].

Shinji Mimura
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't promote Legacy until it gets a big ass banned list. I realize this won't be for a while, and that it still is "fun" to play, but eh...as much as I remember the Golden Days of UFS, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy to look at it lol.

I'd love to play Legacy again, though.

...except I honestly don't even think I have my Legacy cards </3

Hatman
08-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Well, with that attitude no one is going to touch you either :)

Seriously, tell the people that don't play Extended (the not you and one other) to visit this thread, realize they are missing out, and play MOAR UFS.

Also, smile more Hatman - it is Friday.

- dut

I actually have a Zangief deck built for Legacy. Spinning Pile Driver into Contemplation does not forgive. With Rare Card to ready the Contemplation if I misfire, yeah. I definitely like the combo, however, but the deck would need some fine-tuning.

Thing is, it's sitting there, with no real opponent because nobody plays Legacy here and nobody wants to play Legacy. I know, I asked. Maybe Token would but he's got a lack of Legacy cards due to getting in the game late. Extended though, we played a couple of matches and, yeah, Alba took him out fairly easily. I was dealt more damage from Arrogance than from his attacks.

Tagrineth
08-27-2010, 02:17 PM
We do Legacy here, but Extended is still a pretty un-fun and broken format from our standpoint.

dutpotd
08-27-2010, 02:20 PM
We do Legacy here, but Extended is still a pretty un-fun and broken format from our standpoint.

Hmmm, any solutions to offer up for Extended? Or explanation of why it is broken? Since Extended is a subset of Legacy I find it hard to understand why it could be broken when Legacy isn't (well I understand how that is possible, but we should be able to fix it under the same logical premise).

- dut

Tagrineth
08-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Hmmm, any solutions to offer up for Extended? Or explanation of why it is broken? Since Extended is a subset of Legacy I find it hard to understand why it could be broken when Legacy isn't (well I understand how that is possible, but we should be able to fix it under the same logical premise).

- dut

Well Legacy has more solid answers to... uh... everything. Also Extended is the "everything just gets blocked" format which can be really irritating when you're actually trying to build an aggressive deck (which SEEMED possible when Operative/Abelia's/Prowess/BRT got banned...) and run into block block block speed pump strife's block block...

Grizzlegrom
08-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I personally don't like extended because I never liked 4-point shuriken if Extended included 3 point I think it'd be a lot more fun/interesting

dutpotd
08-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Well Legacy has more solid answers to... uh... everything. Also Extended is the "everything just gets blocked" format which can be really irritating when you're actually trying to build an aggressive deck (which SEEMED possible when Operative/Abelia's/Prowess/BRT got banned...) and run into block block block speed pump strife's block block...

Well I don't deny there are a lot of good blocks in Extended and the Extended games are likely longer because of that simple fact. But, there are also a lot of nifty ways to push damage through... And, the whole attack-block mechanism is one of my favorites in ufs, i.e. the thought process involved with determining what blocks to hold and what attacks to play is what makes these games exciting.

I'd suggest more people give Extended a try (it is obviously the least played of the formats and most 'changed' per bannings). It certainly is a more on average thinking/slow game than either Legacy or Standard because of the defensive abilities that are available, but some people like that, and there are spots of agression here and there. Personally I'm building Leona again and might play her at the next Extended tourney whenever that ends up being. I'll be damned if I'm not throwing out big damage early and often therafter :)

- dut

dutpotd
08-27-2010, 02:40 PM
I personally don't like extended because I never liked 4-point shuriken if Extended included 3 point I think it'd be a lot more fun/interesting

Says the person who won his character card in a 4-point shuriken tournament... And was laughing/smiling every time he revealed turnabout to his opponent as a deadly response.

But I wouldn't especially mind if extended grew to support 3 point as well, but at some point the line would need to be drawn to avoid making it 'just like legacy'.

- dut

Hatman
08-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Says the person who won his character card in a 4-point shuriken tournament... And was laughing/smiling every time he revealed turnabout to his opponent as a deadly response.

But I wouldn't especially mind if extended grew to support 3 point as well, but at some point the line would need to be drawn to avoid making it 'just like legacy'.

- dut

Honestly, extended should include the last three shurikens published. Standard is supposed to be the most recent two, so extended adding an extra year would work.

The degeneration of Extended if that were to happen, however, would be funny.

dutpotd
08-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Honestly, extended should include the last three shurikens published. Standard is supposed to be the most recent two, so extended adding an extra year would work.

That would make sense. But I don't want standard to include 4 point, that's not even on the boilerplate for discussion.

Tagrineth
08-27-2010, 03:44 PM
I would actually support Extended including 3-point cards until Standard gets to 6-point. We're effectively "behind" a year on the format due to lack of new releases, but when we get to the point where we would "normally" have rotated up to 5-point, we should THEN make Extended 4-point+. Or something to that extent.

3-point+ Extended would be far more interesting.

Shinguyi
08-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Maybe extended instead of including 3-point shuriken cards, it could include the characters instead. There should be characters that are 3-Point Shuriken who would play well in Extended but don't get the chance in Legacy because of all the shenenigans.

Just a thought. Although the adding of 3 point shuriken doesn't seem bad at all.

Hatman
08-27-2010, 05:48 PM
That would make sense. But I don't want standard to include 4 point, that's not even on the boilerplate for discussion.

I know, I'm just stating as that this is how it was supposed to be. However, with the game as it is, it would not survive the addition of 4 point to Standard. The addition of 3 point to Extended makes sense.

ATLDrew
08-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Excessive bans in legacy are only going to get rid of answers and create more problems. As it stands right now I feel that these cards should be banned from Legacy:

BRT
YWNE
Emptiness
Overwhelming Strength
Battle Prowess
Kasumi Suzaku
MAYBE Akuma and Yun Seong 3

But an extensive ban list really makes it hard to make a format legitimate and taken seriously. And in Legacy esepcially the problem cards all answer other problem. The second you ban one of them, the problem cards can run rampant. For instance, if you ban YWNE then Yun Seong and Dhalsim immediately become ridiculous.

As for extended, I have no idea.

Loon
08-27-2010, 09:07 PM
It's worth pointing out that not all play is tournament. An evening of informal face-pounding can easily accommodate decks of all formats. Sometimes it's fun to play with a wide range of cards when the only real goal is to see who can get quirky mechanics to work best.

Or see if anyone can make a viable deck out of *Rock*....

Shinguyi
08-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Excessive bans in legacy are only going to get rid of answers and create more problems. As it stands right now I feel that these cards should be banned from Legacy:

BRT
YWNE
Emptiness
Overwhelming Strength
Battle Prowess
Kasumi Suzaku

But an extensive ban list really makes it hard to make a format legitimate and taken seriously. And in Legacy esepcially the problem cards all answer other problem. The second you ban one of them, the problem cards can run rampant. For instance, if you ban YWNE then Yun Seong and Dhalsim immediately become ridiculous.

As for extended, I have no idea.

Blood Runs True is banned.
Battle Prowess is banned.
I don't know what YWNE is... ^^;
If Kasumi-Suzaku gets banned, Ibuki dies.
Akuma should stay; he's a pretty well balanced character to me. The same for Yun Seong, with all the character hate out there now (aka Tag Along).
Can't say abotu the others yet.

For bans, I think another topic should be brought up and everyone post cards which seem ban worthy and the reason why they should.

I still find it strange there are bans for Legacy, Standard and Extended, separately... should the banned cards stay banned for all three types of play? I just can't find it "right" to see, for example, Amy's Assistance banned in Extended but not in Legacy... ^^;

Da_ghetto_gamer
08-27-2010, 10:28 PM
We need banned list for every format because there are card interactions that dont exist in standard that may exist in legacy or extended...like the mitsurugi thing with inhuman speed

If inhuman speed were to get banned(not saying it will or needs to) it wouldnt be in standard because its not that bad without misturugi giving something ifinite speed

Shinguyi
08-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Maybe something in the Advanced Rules could be changed, for example, in the same chain the same effect cannot be used more than once; its because of that shenenigan that Mitsurugi can get infinite speed and why Higher Calibur and :Ibuki: needed to be banned.

It also makes a scenario similar to this one with :::Akuma:::
I play Akuma's response. My opponent uses Tag Along. I use Akuma's same response against Tag Along.

Maybe I'm getting too ahead of myself and it will cause more harm than good.

Geist
08-27-2010, 10:47 PM
I will be playing Legacy untill the Chicago area gets a few more players. Looks like me and Fulfer are the only 2 in Chicago at the moment. If we find a store to support us and we can grow I will definately get into standard. One of the other things is the fact that there appears to be less video game type characters. The main reason I got into this game was for SF and SC with the hopes of other licenses coming. Shadowar and Red Horizon seem cool, but I'm hoping that SF will come back soon.

ATLDrew
08-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Blood Runs True is banned.
Battle Prowess is banned.
I don't know what YWNE is... ^^;
If Kasumi-Suzaku gets banned, Ibuki dies.
Akuma should stay; he's a pretty well balanced character to me. The same for Yun Seong, with all the character hate out there now (aka Tag Along).
Can't say abotu the others yet.

For bans, I think another topic should be brought up and everyone post cards which seem ban worthy and the reason why they should.

I still find it strange there are bans for Legacy, Standard and Extended, separately... should the banned cards stay banned for all three types of play? I just can't find it "right" to see, for example, Amy's Assistance banned in Extended but not in Legacy... ^^;

Akuma is a balanced character? You have to be trolling me. He's been broken in every format he's in save Extended with the new bans. His ability essentially says R: negate your opponents best card every turn for the rest of the game and E: your opponent gets 1 attack. Like in extended with BRT hes manageable. In legacy, hes absolutely incredibly broken.

YWNE- You will not escape. It's the one thing keeping Yun Seong 3 from milling or Bird of Preying for lethal on turns 1-3.

Ibuki is perfectly viable without Suzaku. She just has to play fair and doesn't get access to the best character only card in the game. Ibuki, while good, was never the problem. It was all her support. Kasumi Gaki, Kubi Ori, Kunai. Ban Suzaku, the card that should have been axed all along, and get it over with.

BRT is not banned in legacy.

Neither is Battle Prowess.

Despite the character hate in legacy, YS 3 has void, the symbol that hard counters ALL negation in the game. You can't outnegate void. It's what it does the best.

And tons of card games have separate banned list. Like Ghetto said, the different card interactions really swing things. Like Stand Off, a completely broken card in Standard, sucks in every other format due to it being so easy to get around.

B-Rad
08-28-2010, 12:46 AM
BRT
YWNE
Emptiness
Overwhelming Strength
Battle Prowess
Kasumi Suzaku

Of that list the only one I don't agree with is Overwhelming Strength. With so many ridiculous characters (Akuma, Promo Tira, Yun Seung, and Voldo all come to mind) it's actually needed as a speedbump against them. Momentum isn't exactly that difficult to gain in legacy, and there's a good chunk of asset hate too.

Tagrineth
08-28-2010, 02:37 AM
It was all her support. Kasumi Gaki, Kubi Ori, Kunai. Ban Suzaku, the card that should have been axed all along, and get it over with.

FYI Ibuki was never the problem with the first three cards. You're saying it like Suzaku should've been axed over the other three cards but there's no reason why the other three should exist either.

Shinguyi
08-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Akuma is a balanced character? You have to be trolling me. He's been broken in every format he's in save Extended with the new bans. His ability essentially says R: negate your opponents best card every turn for the rest of the game and E: your opponent gets 1 attack. Like in extended with BRT hes manageable. In legacy, hes absolutely incredibly broken.

YWNE- You will not escape. It's the one thing keeping Yun Seong 3 from milling or Bird of Preying for lethal on turns 1-3.

Ibuki is perfectly viable without Suzaku. She just has to play fair and doesn't get access to the best character only card in the game. Ibuki, while good, was never the problem. It was all her support. Kasumi Gaki, Kubi Ori, Kunai. Ban Suzaku, the card that should have been axed all along, and get it over with.

BRT is not banned in legacy.

Neither is Battle Prowess.

Despite the character hate in legacy, YS 3 has void, the symbol that hard counters ALL negation in the game. You can't outnegate void. It's what it does the best.

And tons of card games have separate banned list. Like Ghetto said, the different card interactions really swing things. Like Stand Off, a completely broken card in Standard, sucks in every other format due to it being so easy to get around.

I keep forgetting that the new banned list is separate... sorry about that.

I say Akuma is balanced because the time I have played against him its been tricky games but you can win. Play Foundations that will bait his Response and play lots of attacks; I have noticed when playing lots of attacks Akuma can't keep up early game.

And why should Kasumi-Suzaku be banned? Because its progressive difficulty is reversed and it deals 10 damage or is there something more behind it?

Can't say about the rest yet. I'll have to play a little and get back to you on the rest then.

Ninja's rule
08-28-2010, 12:28 PM
I"m going to stick with Standard. Like Hatman previously posted , there isn't much of an appetite for Legacy or even extended here in Montreal. It may be a case of to much water under the bridge for those of us who went through the horrors of playing through the 4 point cards in the last block, watching many new players leave because of the absurdity of it all.

Hatman
08-28-2010, 12:36 PM
FYI Ibuki was never the problem with the first three cards. You're saying it like Suzaku should've been axed over the other three cards but there's no reason why the other three should exist either.

If I can be entirely frank, Suzaku still needs to go.

ATLDrew
08-28-2010, 02:03 PM

Oh not don't get me wrong. The other 3 cards were 100% the problem. The were all degenerate, poorly designed cards. The thing is that Suzaku is right up there in terms of being broken just in a different way. It's the best attack in the game far and away with Chain Throw being the only card close to it in terms of power. Suzaku essentially reads "your opponent starts at 10 less life."

@Shinguyi- Good legacy Ibuki4 builds can kill every 7 hander in the game on turn 1 or 2 consistently on a DECENT Suzaku draw. It's just too strong and has been problematic forever. Just nothing was ever really done about it.

Grizzlegrom
08-28-2010, 04:08 PM

- dut

Yes but 50% or more of my deck was errated or banned so I don't really care for the format

Shinguyi
08-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Oh not don't get me wrong. The other 3 cards were 100% the problem. The were all degenerate, poorly designed cards. The thing is that Suzaku is right up there in terms of being broken just in a different way. It's the best attack in the game far and away with Chain Throw being the only card close to it in terms of power. Suzaku essentially reads "your opponent starts at 10 less life."

@Shinguyi- Good legacy Ibuki4 builds can kill every 7 hander in the game on turn 1 or 2 consistently on a DECENT Suzaku draw. It's just too strong and has been problematic forever. Just nothing was ever really done about it.

But isn't Legacy supposed to be that broken to begin with? There are some nasty stuff going in Legacy, so I'm not surprised ::Ibuki:: can do that. And as for "your pponent starts with 10 life" is due to people playing too many 7-8 handers, hehe. Sadly 6 Handers don't have that luxury in Legacy...

B-Rad
08-29-2010, 01:14 AM
But isn't Legacy supposed to be that broken to begin with? There are some nasty stuff going in Legacy, so I'm not surprised ::Ibuki:: can do that. And as for "your pponent starts with 10 life" is due to people playing too many 7-8 handers, hehe. Sadly 6 Handers don't have that luxury in Legacy...

Lemme put it to you this way. The less powerful Ibuki build off of water can hit you Suzaku upwards of 2-4 times on turn two... And it gets easier every time. Yes their hand is gone, but when you can kill Hugo turn 2 with just one attack, do you not see a problem with this?

Yes Legacy is supposed to be busted as all hell, but at the same time, there needs to be a bit of line drawing.

ATLDrew
08-29-2010, 06:41 AM

Lol Shinguyi thank you for posting this. Yes Legacy is 100% about the broken garbage. Recursion. Huge attacks for little to no cost. Stuff like that. The thing is, a lot of people are on this banning trip to make this format "balanced." I think that a lot of people don't realize that Legacy will never be balanced by other format's standards. It just won't happen. Type 1 Magic isn't. Unrestricted YuGiOh isn't. Everyone wants to ban 20+ cards in Legacy to shake up the format. I'm of the school "keep the broken garbage in legacy." Playing with broken stuff is fun and is a welcome escape from the relatively low power level of cards in Standard, which is what my playgroup and I play religiously. Do i think some cards need to go in Legacy? Absolutely. But Im of a minimalist perspective. I would like to see maybe 5 cards go and a lot of them are debatable. Legacy has consistent answers to almost every problem card in the game. I think that a lot of people see banning as a quick, patch fix to a problem that simply requires a little bit more thought to get around. The major culprits is have an issue with are You Will Not Escape, EMptiness, Overwhelming Strength, BRT, and maybe Akuma. The problem is that all of those cards are great checks to Ibuki and Yun Seong. So banning them would make them much more powerful. That's exactly the reason why banning in Legacy is so hard. You ban one answer and 5 more cards immediately become a problem.

Hatman
08-29-2010, 11:29 AM
So banning them would make them much more powerful. That's exactly the reason why banning in Legacy is so hard. You ban one answer and 5 more cards immediately become a problem.

That's why I propose a rotating banlist. Like, for the next few months, this is the Legacy ban list. 3 months later, it's completely different. It'll keep people on their toes and really showcase what people can do with the format.

Bloodrunstrue
08-29-2010, 11:42 AM
My group Pigeon games pretty much primarily plays Extended and Legacy format, I've tried persuading them to play Standard but they're still convinced it's a coinflip format.

So yeah we'll definitely by playing those two formats :), as far as bannings go I think that only Emptiness and YWNE should be banned for sure. Legacy is meant to be moinmstrously broken. Personally my main issue with legacy is accessibility to older cards :/.

Thankyou
Bloodrunstrue

Hatman
08-29-2010, 12:02 PM
So yeah we'll definitely by playing those two formats :), as far as bannings go I think that only Emptiness and YWNE should be banned for sure. Legacy is meant to be moinmstrously broken. Personally my main issue with legacy is accessibility to older cards :/.
You know, I wouldn't mind seeing both go.

Shinguyi
08-29-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm still surprised Yoga Mastery is still there; is it balanced enough in Legacy though? I know there are answers, but the decks that don't will have their attacks saying "this attack is considered to have a blank text box". ^^;

Tagrineth
08-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm still surprised Yoga Mastery is still there; is it balanced enough in Legacy though? I know there are answers, but the decks that don't will have their attacks saying "this attack is considered to have a blank text box". ^^;

I disagree. Clogging your opponent's card pool can be very effective at pushing your printed damage through, especially on "free" Enhances printed on said attack and such.

And there's SO much hate/committal on every single resource, it's still a powerful card but if it went, a LOT of other cards would have to go with it.

Hatman
08-29-2010, 04:44 PM
I disagree. Clogging your opponent's card pool can be very effective at pushing your printed damage through, especially on "free" Enhances printed on said attack and such.

And there's SO much hate/committal on every single resource, it's still a powerful card but if it went, a LOT of other cards would have to go with it.
Sadly, Tag's right on this one. No one likes Yoga, but a Legacy game without it is so busted stupid we'd have to ban at least 20 other cards that just have too good Es.

Shinguyi
08-29-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm still surprised. With characters that can take a beating (like J.Talbain) it becomes extremely frustrating and annoying. I know it becomes an advantage that your opponent fills their card pool with face down cards, but against characters that take printed damage and can actually recover from it is pretty annoying.

Tagrineth
08-29-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm still surprised. With characters that can take a beating (like J.Talbain) it becomes extremely frustrating and annoying. I know it becomes an advantage that your opponent fills their card pool with face down cards, but against characters that take printed damage and can actually recover from it is pretty annoying.

Run more control/anti-control pieces in your deck. There's tons off every symbol. Every single symbol has at least two solid answers to Yoga Mastery available, and you can usually splash more.

Shinguyi
08-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Not actual side-board but actual main deck?

Usually I try to stay away from Splashing (me and splashing don't get along very well) but would it be recommended nonetheless to Splash?

Tagrineth
08-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Not actual side-board but actual main deck?

Usually I try to stay away from Splashing (me and splashing don't get along very well) but would it be recommended nonetheless to Splash?

In Legacy you should absolutely always be maindecking some kind of control/anti-control pieces. If you don't, you're asking to get rolled by control decks.

Splashing really depends on the deck. Is the deck in question posted in the deck forum?

Cena
08-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Legacy is pretty much the only thing I can play right now as College is sucking my money dry and I can't buy anything, but I DO have a rather large shoebox filled with commons/uncommons from PA down to some from Block 4 Set 1 (ShadoWar and SCIV) with a huge binder of rares and another one of characters in my posession. So. You know. Fun times ahoy. :D

Extended could work, too, if I'm feeling peckish.

Sato Arashi
08-30-2010, 10:48 PM
I would if I can get the kind of money and if the cards are available at least in one place. Hard to get the good ones and even then, there's pricey depending on what it is.

ScottGaines
08-31-2010, 11:07 AM

if you lost to yoga mastery in legacy you either just got out controlled ina control war or your aggro deck is just bad. every aggro deck in legacy can throw enough base damage to just lol at yoga.

Hatman
08-31-2010, 11:20 AM
if you lost to yoga mastery in legacy you either just got out controlled ina control war or your aggro deck is just bad. every aggro deck in legacy can throw enough base damage to just lol at yoga.

When Set 4 came out, we lol'd at Yoga. Now, it's just ridiculous.

SirShajir
08-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Yoga is almost a joke. I never hava any issues with Yoga, as it's ussually turned sideways when they are attacking me or I'm attacking them. It's a good card, but against a solid order deck, evil, or death deck, they just man handle that ish.

S_OBrien
08-31-2010, 04:31 PM
We have started playing all three formats in Rochester again. We have played legacy twice. We have made some local bans that have made legacy more fun. This coming week, we are playing extended. Two weeks after that, Standard.

Hatman
08-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Yoga is almost a joke. I never hava any issues with Yoga, as it's ussually turned sideways when they are attacking me or I'm attacking them. It's a good card, but against a solid order deck, evil, or death deck, they just man handle that ish.
Considering those symbols are the ones who were always good against the card, yeah.

It'd be better listing some things off of other symbols. Speaking of amusement, however, I'm thinking of rebuilding Twelve. If I can find the cards necessary, naturally. No One's Ever Gonna Keep You Down as blocks, anyone?

ARMed_PIrate
09-01-2010, 07:04 PM
The vast majority of my decks are legacy, with some extended. If I ever play again, I'll be happy to play both formats.

EDIT: Oh, right. I only play Legacy Highlander. Pretty much all of my legacy decks (60+?) are Highlander.

Rider kick
09-02-2010, 10:08 AM
I'll play extended, but I'll leave legacy alone for scott. Just refuse to touch legacy until an updated legacy ban/errata list is released.