Thread: So... GenCon

So... GenCon

So apparently I may be able to go to worlds this year, but have no idea how much I will need in regards to spending, so to those of you who have been before, how much will I need for this?
    2011 UK Team National Champion
    2012 UK National Champion
    2012 UK Team National Champion
    2015 UK Extended National Champion
    2016 UK Team National Champion
    2017 UK Team National Champion

Just a washed up scrub who has to be dragged to victory these days...

Depends on the hotel but I take no less than 300 with me and sometimes its not enough. Food parking and events add up fast

That's after the badge which is almost 90

UFS Online Forum Moderator and Scout rAn's Avatar
    If you want to stay connected to the convention center..i'd recommend bringing 600+ bucks. You can get by on less but it just depends.

Badge: ~90 bucks
    Hotel: 200-400 bucks a night(depending where you stay)
    Food: Varies, say 25 bucks a day?

Gas, events, gifts and other things you might buy add up at your own pace. But assuming at a bare minimum you eat 4 days, pay for 1 night of a hotel by sharing a room and get a badge you'll spend like 400-600 bucks

Bring stuff to sell, it helps. Like if you have other ccgs you can vendor it off or hit up the other players that are there. But yeah i would say 400 minimum if you are splitting a room with a good amount of people. Also try to bring some snacks, or buy some if you can when you land. That helps so much, having stuff like candy bars, fruit/protein bars, pop tarts etc.
    Aka The Godfather of Orange Card Blue Card

2007: 6th Blackthorn Tn AOP
    2008: 4th KY AOP. 23rd US Nats, 34th Worlds, T16 Team Worlds, 5th Legacy Worlds.
    2009: 9th at SEC, 11th PotM, 1st PotM legacy, 4th at KY Regionals, 21st US Nats, T8 Team Nats, 3rd Legacy Worlds, 7th team worlds
    2010: 2nd Legacy Worlds, 16th Worlds
    2012: 1st Blackthorn AOP, 6th @ 2nd Blackthorn AOP, 5th SE RB #1 ATL, 2nd at SE RB #2 Blackthorn
    2013: 9th Legacy Worlds(2nd after swiss) 6th Team Worlds

well since you are from the UK id say about a million dollars
    Oh, you think the 2 checks are your ally. But you merely adopted the 2s; I was born in them, moulded by them. I didn't see 3s until i was already a man, and by then they were nothing to me but BLINDING! The 2s betray you because they belong to me!
    Trade thread.
    http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...3786#post83786

see if u can trade legacy of an apple for an actual apple

How about them apples?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGaines View Post
    Bring stuff to sell, it helps. Like if you have other ccgs you can vendor it off or hit up the other players that are there. But yeah i would say 400 minimum if you are splitting a room with a good amount of people. Also try to bring some snacks, or buy some if you can when you land. That helps so much, having stuff like candy bars, fruit/protein bars, pop tarts etc.
    Just don't sell anything inside the card hall or other area where you need a badge to access. They will kick you out of the convention if you get caught.

Once you get there, $500 is a frugal weekend honestly. So that + travel, room, and badge.
    The infinite hype machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLDrew View Post
    Ya'll should be Team Emotional Rollercoaster. Thomas is super hype about everything, Syclic is super sad about everything, and Trips just says whatever the hell he is thinking.
    Trades