Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFS Returns to Game Kastle

Rock on, Peter! Thanks for keeping the UFS Fix alive at GK! I'll try and make it as often as I can, especially starting January, since I'll be teaching a full-schedule on Saturdays and will no longer be able to make events at Epic in Scotts Valley.

But, YAY for UFS @ GK on Sundays!
    "Music is not trying to be a formula every time, y'know? It's not a conveyor-belt. It's an expression of a moment in time." -- Maxwell, VH1 Storytellers.

On good days, I win more than I lose.

Dillon and I will be there we are having UFS withdrawals
    Looking for a Nats team

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusotls View Post
    Dillon and I will be there we are having UFS withdrawals
    *Like*
    "Music is not trying to be a formula every time, y'know? It's not a conveyor-belt. It's an expression of a moment in time." -- Maxwell, VH1 Storytellers.

This is great to hear (aside from you not being able to make it to Epic anymore come 2015). I've already done as much as I can on my own towards getting the Monthly OP promos, so now it's in the hands of the Santa Clara GK staff to get the info to Jasco. So, basically, you can rest easy knowing that I'm trying my best to make sure everything happens RIGHT.

There are some things I'd like to say/ask first though.

First is that since the first Tournament will be THIS SUNDAY, is there anything you guys think I should have prepared ahead of time that would be of great use during the events from here on out?

Secondly, this week will be a lot easier at GK for us due to no Pokemon League in the morning and no Weiss Schwarz due to Regionals for it. But from next week onwards, unless they stop playing on Sundays at GK, we will be running alongside the weekly Weiss Schwarz league. So be prepared to share the space and everything.

Lastly, there are currently 4 Darkstalkers tins left in stock at GK Santa Clara. It's either 3 Lillith and 1 Morrigan, or the other way around. Any thoughts on requests for restocks? I'm thinking some of the Megaman Tins for any prospective new players and maybe another small stock of the Darkstalkers Tins as well. And also some KoF XIII and RoT if possible so there's also some booster packs to buy. Does this sound good, or does it sound like too much due to mostly being an existing playerbase?

Like I said, I am trying to have everything work right, so I'm trying to give it my all. I'll see you all Sunday.

(I'm actually going to fix up my old Twitter account and unused Facebook account after I get a working computer again so I have an additional point of contact for everyone. May make it easier to keep in touch with everyone and spread info and such.)

what is the price on those tins?

My own store sells them for 30 each but I think thats too high.
    Looking for a Nats team

It is $30, as much as I wish they'd actually go with (what seems to be) the normal $25 price. I believe it was said that they price the UFS Tins at a premium is that "there aren't enough people buying UFS" or something. It's also been a while since I was told that, so I can't really remember the specifics or if I'm just remembering differently.

But in any case, all that's left now is 4 DS Tins and a Vincent Grey Starter....which I think was normal MSRP. So maybe the fact that the tins don't have a listed MSRP/RRP on them led to the $30 pricing.

Sadly, I will be unable to attend tomorrow's inaugural re-boot of officially sanctioned UFS events at GK due to this weekend being my lovely wife's birthday, and I'm taking her somewhere special tomorrow.

Needless to say, I have next Sunday on my calendar at 4pm marked for UFS at GK! Looking forward to it, meng!

we can't go today so maybe next week
    Looking for a Nats team

Hey! Just wondering if there is a scheduled event tomorrow at 4? Planning on being there, if so!

Yeah. Even if enough people don't show up specifically for a tournament, I'll still be there through the afternoon. This has been the case the past few weeks. I've usually only left once GK really died down for the night.

Also, just waiting on the new promos to hopefully show up. Things should be set up for them, so it's mostly just waiting and hoping they come in. Hopefully others have just been waiting for the new Promos to show up before coming. Unless it's also that Sunday just isn't the best day for 'em either. I just hope people will start coming more regularly when the new Promos arrive.

The last couple weeks had pretty much no turnout and I've just been trying to show the game to people that are curious/seem interested. I'm willing to move things around if it means more people are able to show up because I'm doing this so everyone has more chances to play with others after all.