Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since Legacy is... "dead"...

Since Legacy is... "dead"...

thinking about starting tournaments for OCTGN for Legacy... debating since Legacy is no longer an 'official supported' format that "We The People" that play it should work on our own banned list though... before trying to start these, maybe starting from what the old banned list is and tweeking stuff here and there(like actually issuing errata to a card or 2 that could come back, and if the tweek doesnt work it goes right back on that banned list)... anyone interested in this?

N.J.
    NJ Spade sole survivor of the Card Gaming Dynasty known as Cookeville Corp.

Writer of Articles for TCO and Jasco Games for UFS

Achievements
    2006: 3rd place Nashville-Franklin FoP(Life X***); 2007: 18th place Murfreesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2008: 5th place(2nd thru swiss) Middlesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2009: 28th place SEC @ MTAC Mt. Juliet(Life Yuri)

Don't errata cards. Just don't.
    http://i.imgur.com/nxMBqb4.gifv

To edit a post, click Edit Post (brings up the Quick Edit thing over your post - ignore it), then click Edit Post again (this takes you to the detailed post page, where your edit can actually save)

Living Game Rules document v03.txt, because maybe you want to search through it?

Quote Originally Posted by wafflecopter View Post
    This.

I really think the only reason Legacy got killed off is because Jasco thinks people don't care about it. If there is enough noise about it, it could make a proper return. I'm hoping that the new legacy is basically the UFS version of modern.
    The infinite hype machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLDrew View Post
    Ya'll should be Team Emotional Rollercoaster. Thomas is super hype about everything, Syclic is super sad about everything, and Trips just says whatever the hell he is thinking.
    Trades

I would be interested in playing some Legacy format games.

The reason Legacy got killed off is because it's not financially feasible to run. While there may be 20 Legacy players wanting to play, only 1/2 that amount (if we're lucky) would put their money where their mouth is and actually fly and participate in the event.

i'd rather errata cards with SIMPLE easy to understand fixes than ban a card forever, and besides i'm talking OCTGN play, but still, we can transition that to physical play too, i can understand cards like Cassy2, Zas3, The F***ing injury Assets, Owlface(probably should have been unique in hindsight...) and stuff like Addes being banned but some of the cards on there(mainly foundations) could be fixed with Unique(stuff like HC probably should stay banned though to keep certain loops from happening ever again) but then again, i think we need to just talk it out thru either the chat room or skype... and post everything we discussed on here for everyone else.

Also Thomas, i agree we need to clamor about Legacy as much as possible, people may think the format is dead... but many of us have been playing since the first 5 sets and still get a lot of enjoyment out the game and i really don't like telling older players "ok all those cards pre-(insert date) are now useless in all tournament play" yeah... that's kinda wrong...

N.J.

Achievements
    2006: 3rd place Nashville-Franklin FoP(Life X***); 2007: 18th place Murfreesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2008: 5th place(2nd thru swiss) Middlesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2009: 28th place SEC @ MTAC Mt. Juliet(Life Yuri)

If we want numbers for an octgn legacy turnout we need prizes. I want to host an annual online legacy tournament with serious prizes to replace majors. I am willing to contribute and judge games (if I can still play)
    Looking for a Nats team

Quote Originally Posted by wafflecopter View Post
    Banning is much easier and better than trying to remember errata text
    UFS Canadian National/Legacy World/Team National Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Matt Kohls)/Team World Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Aj Murray)
    My Trades List http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...1518#post41518
    I am a Warlock assassin sent from the Vatican just like Charlie Sheen
    Here's a napkin, clean yourself off

considering how small our errata list is... it's not THAT hard to remember, again... i can easilly print off the list and put it in a binder and it takes up at most 3 pages, compare that to other games which have errata lists 3x that, at most the errata's i'm thinking about would at ONE page so yeah... as far as i see it and i stand by this statement... BANNING first and asking questions later = Lazy, Errataing the card to get use out of it = good, if there IS no way to errata a card to where it'd be fair or if errataing it would pretty much make it useless THEN you ban it(or if errataing didn't help [p-touch and K'3 for example]) so yeah

N.J.

Achievements

My philosophy with legacy is everything is op and to avoid a huge ban/errata list just make it a highlander only format. Granted there are a few bannable cards that crush it with just one copy (spiral arrow, alba, addes)