Thread: Darkstalkers at UK nationals

Scout

Darkstalkers at UK nationals

Hi everybody
    As you're all aware UK nationals is just around the corner so it falls to me to address the elephant in the room. Darkstalkers...oh what a mammoth pain in my arse you have been, you should have been with us long before now but events have conspired against us and have led to decisions being made which some people may not be entirely happy with but which I hope will be understood that they are in what I believe is the best interest of the game in the UK.
    To that effect I'd like to announce that the darkstalkers tins WILL be legal for UK nationals. After discussing it with Jim at Patriot and AJ at Jasco we decided that due to the fact that the set was spoiled over a month ago that it would be best for it to be legal for the following reasons.
    1: it shakes up the meta. This combined with the recent bannings will make for a much more open and varied environment that I hope will be more fun to take part in that the B.S kick crapfest that last year was marred by.
    2: we've all seen the set. As mentioned before, the whole set was spoiled quite a while back so everyone has had chance to see what's in there so real excuse for saying "I've never seen it before" or "it's not fair" etc. this may sound harsh and if you've not had chance to see it all then I do apologise but it's been around for a while so tough
    3: the dirty yanks have already got it. And we have some dirty Yankee types coming across for nats and I don't think it's fair if they're making such a massive journey to find out that their deck isn't legal because of a delay of stock in the UK.
    On the subject of the delay, it's been caused by problems with the paperwork between the shipping companies between here and China. For once it's not caused by the printers or other such randomness but by sheer bad luck which should (I really hope I'm right with this) be sorted this week so stock will hopefully be available very soon.
    To help with this problem, I've made arrangements with Mike Hardiman and whoever else is willing to help after they've got their tins to lend cards to anyone who needs them for the duration of nationals. After my tins have arrived I'll be posting a list of the cards I pulled so you can message me with the cards you need so watch this space.
    If any of you have any questions regarding my decision or anything else please let me know and I'll try my best to explain my reasoning the best I can.
    See you all at nationals
    Uk team champion 2008 and 2016. scout for patriot games Sheffield. professional b-stard. Evil genius of UFS in the UK. Enemy of fun and topdecking whore extraordinaire.

"don't hate the player, hate the meta-game"

Obviously willing to help - will bring all loaners as per always.

I'm fine with your decision, but please don't think '3' is a matter at all for me - I was somewhat looking forward to doing a cardpool dance

If you truly don't have the tins at a reasonable date it shouldn't be legal, so if you change your mind after this post I'm 100% behind whatever you decide.
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

Quote Originally Posted by dutpotd View Post
    Obviously willing to help - will bring all loaners as per always.

I'm fine with your decision, but please don't think '3' is a matter at all for me - I was somewhat looking forward to doing a cardpool dance

If you truly don't have the tins at a reasonable date it shouldn't be legal, so if you change your mind after this post I'm 100% behind whatever you decide.
    Thats why your a boss
    Top 8 at 2011 uk standard nationals -jin
    3rd place 2012 uk legacy nationals - nakoruru
    3rd place 2013 uk legacy nationals - lilith
    my trade thread http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...s-trade-binder.

This is a joke right???

Yea we have tested but that's not the problem. We have a very limited stock of cards to actually be able to collect the cards we need.

Its not a case of we don't know what they do it s the case we just won't be able to get hold of the cards.

You are right you have annoyed a lot of players and I can name a few that have decided not to go because of this.

I would be among them if my I could get my hotel deposit back!! (and a few players weren't relying one to take them there)

If the cards are not with us by this weekend we might aswell just not play!

But don't worry I have heard you have pleased the Sheffield players with this decision so i'm not too surprised really.

Suppose I should sleeve up ready to be whooped by the cards I have no hope in hell of obtaining!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flickz View Post
    This is a joke right???

Yea we have tested but that's not the problem. We have a very limited stock of cards to actually be able to collect the cards we need.

Its not a case of we don't know what they do it s the case we just won't be able to get hold of the cards.

You are right you have annoyed a lot of players and I can name a few that have decided not to go because of this.

I would be among them if my I could get my hotel deposit back!! (and a few players weren't relying one to take them there)

If the cards are not with us by this weekend we might aswell just not play!

But don't worry I have heard you have pleased the Sheffield players with this decision so i'm not too surprised really.

Suppose I should sleeve up ready to be whooped by the cards I have no hope in hell of obtaining!!
    Erm... What Sheffield players like this decision there isn't a one that is happy about this decision, so whoever told you that is talking out of their backside
    2011 UK Team National Champion
    2012 UK National Champion
    2012 UK Team National Champion
    2015 UK Extended National Champion
    2016 UK Team National Champion
    2017 UK Team National Champion

Just a washed up scrub who has to be dragged to victory these days...

Scout
    i knew that this decision was going to cause some dissension but I didn't take any of this lightly and I truly hoped that everything would be with us in plenty of time, has that happened? No, it hasn't and I've ended up trying to make the best of a frankly situation. I didn't do any of this to please the players of sheffield, in fact quite a few of them would rather I reverse my decision and make it illegal for nationals which is something I have considered I will admit.
    The truth, I'm flying blind here at the moment and I don't know what I can do that's going to please everyone because in all honesty I don't think there is such an outcome. I've been in contact with A.J and we've come up with a plan to allow good quality proxies of darkstalkers cards to be used at nats and we're also willing to print them for you ahead of time if you can let us know what you require. If all else fails, I'm sure Garett will be willing to loan out the cards people need.

I know how frustrating and ball achingly annoying these delays are, I've been trying to get stuff sorted for weeks now and it's all because some dumbass at the printers in China decided to ship the tins to the docks in Felixstowe to Mr Felix Stowe, I you not. I planned nats months ago based on the release schedule I had and I thought all would work out but obviously not.
    So I'm sorry that my decision has offended you so much, if you want to message me privately on here or on Facebook id be more than happy to discuss things rationaly and try and sort out this mess if at all possible.

All I've ever wanted to get out of nationals is a chance to see good friends I don't get to see very often, have some fun, invade pizza hut and make sure everyone leaves with huge piles of prizes, is that too much to ask?

Possibly but I sure as hell hope not
    Uk team champion 2008 and 2016. scout for patriot games Sheffield. professional b-stard. Evil genius of UFS in the UK. Enemy of fun and topdecking whore extraordinaire.

If truly - no one is happy with the decision - then why not reverse it? As I said before, "if you truly don't have the tins at a reasonable date it shouldn't be legal."

Let's not overreact though, the point of a UFS tournament is to have fun and share time with others over a game you both enjoy. Whether a 90ish card set is legal or not (of which most of it is character-specific) won't make the tournament into something not worth attending.
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

Scout
    I'm going to sleep on it and make a rational decision once I've had a good nights rest. again I'm sorry if I've put anyone off coming as I was hoping to see everyone again this year.