Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for a deadlier kill turn. A ufs article.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Caz Simon View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude by saying this, but you can't possibly believe that the majority of standard UFS decks function in this way.
    Ha no offense taken, you're right. The majority of decks aren't 1-dimensional wall monsters with overwhelming kills. I do think that most decks would rather build 5 on turn 1, build 5 on turn 2, then draw 5 attacks on turn 3 and kill just in that one turn (compared to build 5, attack + build 3, attack 4 or some other combination). But they concede that they'll have to poke, because your draw steps will rarely cooperate that much.

As Onslaught says, and as I tried to include a concession to in my post, the game is better when people poke each other, where it's not just Battlecruiser UFS where we see who can build a nuke fastest. But I think it's easier to study what you need to build a nuke, when the optimal strategy involves nukes, how the Manhattan project can go wrong, than to mix and match topics tangentally related to nukes. At some level, ideally, most decks would be multidimensional -- they'd be able to make a nuke, they'd be able to win a knife fight, etc., as the situation and their opponent demands. However, if someone doesn't even realize that UFS isn't strictly a game of knife fights, then telling them "yeah you might have to stab a dude sometimes while you're getting your nuclear physics program started"... that's not going to help.
    http://i.imgur.com/nxMBqb4.gifv

To edit a post, click Edit Post (brings up the Quick Edit thing over your post - ignore it), then click Edit Post again (this takes you to the detailed post page, where your edit can actually save)

Living Game Rules document v03.txt, because maybe you want to search through it?

Re: decks that deal 27 in a single turn consistently. Reprogramming Mature can basically count as high as you want her to. Similarly, Trinity Geyser decks have basically unbounded damage output. You can build Void Athena to deal really ridiculous damage. I think any of these decks, built to optimize "deal 27 in a turn", will be worse choices for a tournament than a more balanced deck that's less fragile and (probably) pokes more -- that's a testament to our design team making a good format.

Actually, my Becoming One Joe Hill could deal over 9000 damage to a goldfish, and I'm pretty sure I played you when Rochester came out to your store a couple months ago! That deck was fun, I need to dust it off again sometime
    http://i.imgur.com/nxMBqb4.gifv

To edit a post, click Edit Post (brings up the Quick Edit thing over your post - ignore it), then click Edit Post again (this takes you to the detailed post page, where your edit can actually save)

Living Game Rules document v03.txt, because maybe you want to search through it?