Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exceed Fighting System

Exceed Fighting System

Anyone have any further info on this? First season is all Red Horizon, which is awesome. The art for that Alice attack Bloody Baptism is super sick.

http://www.level99games.com/homepage...ouncement.html
    ~Learn your rules, you better learn your rules,
    If you don't, you'll be eaten in your sleep~

Arkansas Regionals 2012 Top 8
    Arkansas PTC 2013 Top 4
    Arkansas PTC 2017 Champ

I played some of this at gencon, as Alice. She still has the 'name a card, if opponent has that card, stuff happens' gimmick. I played against the demo guy who was playing Reese, and my first action was to name a card and my opponent reveals their hand and discards all copies of it. I slam my hand on the table, look him dead in the eye and say "CHIVALRY!" And he reveals his hand containing two Chivalry, and he is EXTREMELY confused at this. I just say, I'm that good.

Also, the combat system was pretty cool. It's like, tiny Battlecon.

Every card is a split card. Attack and action, or attack and asset, in UFS terms. You take turns playing the actions and assets until one person decides to man up and play an attack, and it is played face down. Then their opponent plays an attack face down, and they flip simultaneously and compare to see who hits and such.

"Hey everyone,

I owe you guys a big apology for being a month overdue on the update to EXCEED. We were expecting to have things ready for press a while ago, but unexpected delays came from Jasco Games, as a large portion of the art which we assumed would be finished in November did not get delivered to me until January 15th."

"It's only a 1-month expected delay, but I was really excited to get this project done on time, so I'm a little disappointed that our partners didn't get things together for us as planned, despite my daily follow-ups."

NAIL'D IT
    ~Learn your rules, you better learn your rules,
    If you don't, you'll be eaten in your sleep~

Arkansas Regionals 2012 Top 8
    Arkansas PTC 2013 Top 4
    Arkansas PTC 2017 Champ

Yeah, I kinda lol'd at that when I got the e-mail. Kinda in that it's so familiar that if I don't laugh then I'd probably cry.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinChimera View Post
    NAIL'D IT
    I was just laughing at this same thing with a friend.

Looks like there's another thing I get to wait on :-P

This is just...truly upsetting to me. I demoed the game a bit and can't wait to play it cause with stuff like Mega Man and Street Fighter being more important, i'm betting we won't see Red Horizon for awhile, so Exceed would be my best chance to play Heidi (girl with the mech).

Does this mean Jasco is going to be focusing on Exceed more so than UFS?
    "I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" ―Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Exceed is made by Level 99 Games. They're doing a cross promotion with Jasco where each of them uses the others license in their games. There's already two promo characters, Nehtali and Vincent, in Battlecon, and Level 99's new game, Exceed, will have its first wave be Red Horizon characters (including characters that aren't even out yet!) Then hopefully soon we're getting an Indines UFS set. I've been working with Level 99 to try and promote this set and am hoping for the State of the Game because I can't wait to play with Indines characters in UFS, and I want Exceed because it has some of my favorite Red Horizon characters and they look pretty fun.

Yeah I've had a tough time convincing anyone in my playgroup to give Battlecon a real shot with me, but I'm almost positive I can convince them to play Exceed. The PnP decks are pretty good on their own, but I can't wait to give it a shot with a more diverse cast. Definitely has a good fighting game feel and the use of Force to do things really helps to simplify positioning which can be very difficult at times in Battlecon.

There's also a lot to be said when you can get everything you need to play for like 25 bucks instead of having to chase packs and singles. I hope Brad has some luck getting Exceed going place it seems like a terrific game system.

I actually just got Fate today (expansion for Battlecon) and it has a Force Gauge system they put into that game too. Its basically a super bar that charges each turn and you can use points to add to priority/range/power etc, or to do the pulse effect for 7 points, which is the re-positioning tool. Both games are excellent and i'm hoping the video i'm almost finished with will get a few UFS players into Battlecon, and hype people for the Indines set.