Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Miniatures Game!

Post New Miniatures Game!

The Universal Tactics System encompasses the upcoming 3 miniatures game titles:

Street Fighter: The Miniatures Game
    Mortal Kombat X: The Miniatures Game
    Dragon Ball Z: The Miniatures Game

All 3 of these games will be kickstarting in 2016 and are all compatible with one another for play.

Please look out for the kickstarters for each coming this spring!

How about posting something about UFS? We really want to know
    Sean O'Brien
    Owner Rochester CCG

We are always buying and selling UFS! Check us out:
    www.rochesterccg.com

2012 Team Canadian National Champion
    2015 Team United States National Champion

Quote Originally Posted by S_OBrien View Post
    How about posting something about UFS? We really want to know
    Be careful, friend. Last time I asked, the thread got very passionate! lol

I'm simultaneously torn between "this could be neat but I don't do minis" and "HOLY F**KING CHRIST THIS IS NOT UFS PLEASE STOP WHAT ARE YOU DOING"
    ~Learn your rules, you better learn your rules,
    If you don't, you'll be eaten in your sleep~

Arkansas Regionals 2012 Top 8
    Arkansas PTC 2013 Top 4
    Arkansas PTC 2017 Champ

Seems Cool.
    Atlanta UFS- " Simply Better"
    "Live by the Fang, Die by the Fang"

I register just to say I cannot wait!!!

Pretty excited to see this. I really wanna know how characters hp and stats will be represented, hopefully something similar to Heroclix dials.
    Knighhhht Breaker YUUUUUUUUM

4th place worlds 2011
    Top 4 Michigan PTC

Trades
    http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...120-ufs-trades

Tekken fan set http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/y...2%20ufs%20set/

New set of fan characters
    s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy326/Stefanj88/Tekken6%2003/

sum characters with kool mechanics
    http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy326/Stefanj88/UFS/

After looking into it a bit, one of the designers they have is the creator of Heroscape and my favorite childhood game, Star Wars Epic Duels. During the PAX South video, they described the game and it sounded similar to these games. Basically in Epic Duels, each character has a unique HP bar, their own deck (you'll be able to customize it in Universal Tactics apparently) and the cards in them are either attack/block cards (have both on the card) or special action cards, which can also be special kinds of attacks. You get to move each turn, and you can do 2 actions a turn, drawing and/or attacking. I'm guessing/hoping this'll basically be what the game is like. Go look up Star Wars Epic Duels to get a better idea (good luck finding an actual copy though, they're apparently 80-150$ in good condition with all the stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Starfleetjedi View Post
    After looking into it a bit, one of the designers they have is the creator of Heroscape and my favorite childhood game, Star Wars Epic Duels. During the PAX South video, they described the game and it sounded similar to these games. Basically in Epic Duels, each character has a unique HP bar, their own deck (you'll be able to customize it in Universal Tactics apparently) and the cards in them are either attack/block cards (have both on the card) or special action cards, which can also be special kinds of attacks. You get to move each turn, and you can do 2 actions a turn, drawing and/or attacking. I'm guessing/hoping this'll basically be what the game is like. Go look up Star Wars Epic Duels to get a better idea (good luck finding an actual copy though, they're apparently 80-150$ in good condition with all the stuff).

Looking at epic duels, I feel like UTS has the potential to do so much more. Coming from d&d, knock back, terrain effects, and movement options are super important so I hope they incorporate some awesome rules!

Quote Originally Posted by deserteagle2525 View Post
    Looking at epic duels, I feel like UTS has the potential to do so much more. Coming from d&d, knock back, terrain effects, and movement options are super important so I hope they incorporate some awesome rules!
    Yeah, movement if I remember it correctly, was a bit of an issue with the game. I played it when I was a lot younger though, so it was back when I didn't think about mechanics that much and just played cause it was fun and Star Wars. The game was apparently the prototype for Heroscape, I never looked into it, so I don't know the differences.