Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blurd's Updated thoughts - it's one of my articles so expect wrestling references.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurd Visionary View Post
    As for Garett, first of all, you've told me that you have played as Clark in the past so I'll just let that sink in for a while

You may have took a trip to Suplex City in the past but things are different this time round, I am the new mayor and I assure you that your next trip will not be an easy one for sure.

I wouldn't be so sure you'd win against me, don't forget that I was the first person to ever beat you on UK soil with Goro.
    I broke your win streak then and I believe I can sure as hell do it all over again

So I better pass over to Paul Heyman now to explain the rest of this for me -> https://youtu.be/h7N-waiVhHo?t=65
    Hate to break it to you Rio, but you weren't the first to beat Garett in the UK he actually lost a match at UK teams 2013 to Lloyd... so you didn't beat any streak... Oops
    2011 UK Team National Champion
    2012 UK National Champion
    2012 UK Team National Champion
    2015 UK Extended National Champion
    2016 UK Team National Champion
    2017 UK Team National Champion

Just a washed up scrub who has to be dragged to victory these days...

The important part is there at least, I did beat Garett, that much is clear.

One question is, who did Llyod play as? I really don't remember, and neither does Garett by the sounds of things as he was the one who told me I was the first to beat him.
    "I Fear No Man and I Feel No Pain!" - Big Van Vader.

HappyToYou is my other account.

The Blurd Visionary one doesn't work on my phone for some reason.
    "I Fear No Man and I Feel No Pain!" - Big Van Vader.

He played Nehtali, I know Garett didn't remember so I had to remind him a bit back

Yeah yeah, I lost to two decks with P Howl (and Divine Trib, and Chasm Buster) in them, in teams when my deck wasn't exactly a strong matchups vs. Chaso agro (this just in, nothing doesn't just randomly blow up 1/3 of the time to a hot running Chaos agro deck).

Guess people roll 6s sometimes and Chaos agro did just that when I was playing fair-er decks for teams purposes - don't let it go to your head

Hell, even Tim Keefe was able to 1/3 times beat me with Chaos agro (see his US nats Kazuya win, one of the one in threes...) - surely I expect some random no-name UK players to do it every now and then too. Rio isn't Brock Lesner and I'm not the Undertaker, Lesner is his hero and I strive to be my own. Big difference.

Long story short, if you want to end my reign of terror in singles I suggest playing a deck that doesn't just play itself to a lucky win, or more often than not, loss. Clark??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Actually, I lost to Phil in this last UK nats (still teams, but you know how it is), and he wasn't playing some skeevy deck that won or lost if the opponent didn't or did draw a correct block zone. Sorry to burst your bubble but as random as Phil is, he's apparently the best player in the UK
    Last edited by dutpotd; 02-08-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

I don't think that was much to do with Piercing Howl, check this link, you'll like it and it's not wrestling. The first line on this sums it all up to me.

https://youtu.be/yeAvshaj4r4?t=1276
    "I've never been good with words... it's why my metacarpals have been broken on and off most my life"

2015 UK Teams Champ - Earth Goro
    1st - Doncaster PTC - All Megaman
    1st - Sheffield PTC - Fire Goro
    2nd - Colchester PTC - Fire Goro
    2nd - UK Legacy Nats - Earth (Tekken) King
    3rd - Colchester PTC - Earth Andy
    Youngest player to win cardboard - I was 17 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurd Visionary View Post
    I don't think that was much to do with Piercing Howl, check this link, you'll like it and it's not wrestling. The first line on this sums it all up to me.

https://youtu.be/yeAvshaj4r4?t=1276
    Woah, we are talking pre-game smack, you can't pull us back to reality that quickly.

I haven't even got to the line where I say you shouldn't bother trying - the mere fact you have to long-time prepare and identify with your character and deck (see Clark or Goro) vs. me who just shows up and plays anything created the night before should tell you to run the other way

You need to rely on a character like Clark, all I have and all I need is myself.

Buuuuut, do be sure to tell me what Phil is planning on playing so I can be ready for him oO

Quote Originally Posted by dutpotd View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but as random as Phil is, he's apparently the best player in the UK
    Damn that stings, :'( and I thought we had something special...

Quote Originally Posted by Doji_Mike View Post
    Damn that stings, :'( and I thought we had something special...
    mwahahahahaha, collateral damage - Rio needs to learn not to call me out (it's like a Demon Summoning gone wrong), he can't beat me at UFS and he certainly can't win at a war of words

I play a bit of everything, but I don't have the same connection to most characters that I do with Clark, Goro, Raiden, Demitri and such.

it's easy to beat me, if you really wanna turn up like billy big balls and enter to try and take me out play the all symbol:
    4 Sibling Rivalry, 4 Throw Struggles and 4 Body of Spirits, Koppouken. The lot.

it depends on how heated you get from this
    "I've never been good with words... it's why my metacarpals have been broken on and off most my life"

2015 UK Teams Champ - Earth Goro
    1st - Doncaster PTC - All Megaman
    1st - Sheffield PTC - Fire Goro
    2nd - Colchester PTC - Fire Goro
    2nd - UK Legacy Nats - Earth (Tekken) King
    3rd - Colchester PTC - Earth Andy
    Youngest player to win cardboard - I was 17 at the time.