Thread: Level 1 Judge Certification

Question Level 1 Judge Certification

I am extremely interested in becoming a judge so I can start holding local sanctioned tournaments. I have been over the LGR and floor rules a few times and I was wondering if anyone in the Organized Play Comittee can help me set up the exam and interview. Or if someone here can tell me how to contact the Organized Play Comittee, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Head Judge
    There's no actual test hahaha.. sorry. Becoming an active judge for this game is a little more complicated than that.
    hay guise, im ofishul

Oldschool Deck articles! I II III IV V

Quote Originally Posted by Crescens View Post
    5.1.1 Examination

Potential judges are required to pass a 50 question judges exam with a score of 100%. Potential judges will have access to the Living Game Rules (LGR) and the Tournament Floor Rules. The exam will be administered by the Organized Play Committee.

5.1.2 Interview

A member of the Organized Play Committee will conduct interview with each applicant that successfully passes the examination to determine if their personality matches the position. Judges must be confident and able to perform under pressures.
    I saw the above on the "New Tournament Floor Rules-Effective Immediatly" stickied thread and assumed that was the process. If it's not, how does one become a judge?

Regular Member Deck Dont Matter's Avatar
    There was plans for something to go into place. Organizes Play seemed to have fallen to the side ATM and no test was ever done. Right now you just are a scout for UFS and that allows you to run your weekly events and PTC's as well.
    I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum.
    -Rowdy Piper

Ok, awesome! I just want to make sure that if I run a local tournament, everything is on the up and up. Thanks for letting me know.