Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fighting Games You Play and UFS

The Fighting Games You Play and UFS

So picking up on Blurd's topic, I have (what I think anyway) is an interesting question. What fighting games (if any) do you play, and how do you think that reflects your playstyle and/or skill in UFS?

Me personally I am terrible at the traditional SF games (SF2-5) and seem to excel at the Versus games (MvC, CvS, TvC, etc.).

I don't have enough UFS under my belt to make a claim on how that affects my play, but I am interested to see what everyone else has to say.
    "Hail to the King, Baby"

- Ashley J. Williams

DOA and why is there no UFS DOA yet
    Looking for a Nats team

I would be oh so happy to see a Tekken 7 set. But I'm not holding onto much hope of that happening.

Do I like to 100-0 people in a single juggle? Hell yeah.
    2014 UK Teams Champ
    2016 World Teams Champ
    Garett's personal butler and mid-boss
    Self-proclaimed God of the Happy Feet

Join us on Discord for live UFS chat:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/63dRYmx

My style always used to be something of a rush down which was indeed the way I played Soul Calibur games. Blocking has always seemed sub-optimal in games where hitting people is an option and, while I've learnt to utilise blocks in the various fighting games I now play and in UFS, my main focus will always be early aggro.

I play
    X-men vs Street Fighter as Storm/Chun-li
    Super Smash bros WiiU as Mega Man
    Ultra Street Fighter IV as Makoto
    Ultra Marvel vs Capcom 3 as Taskmaster / Super Skrull / Hawkeye
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 as Dhalsim
    BlazeBlue as Taokaka

My style would revolve around characters that can control space with strong footsies, good movement and having answers to most situations. In UFS Belkor, Demetri, Snake Man and Ring Man have best reflected that.
    "I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" ―Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dezmu View Post
    I play
    X-men vs Street Fighter as Storm/Chun-li
    Super Smash bros WiiU as Mega Man
    Ultra Street Fighter IV as Makoto
    Ultra Marvel vs Capcom 3 as Taskmaster / Super Skrull / Hawkeye
    BlazeBlue as Taokaka

My style would revolve around characters that can control space with strong footsies, good movement and having answers to most situations. In UFS Belkor, Demetri, Snake Man and Ring Man have best reflected that.
    I love your UMvC3 team composition. I run Cap/Nova/Doom. Hmu for some games dood.
    "Hail to the King, Baby"

- Ashley J. Williams

Super Smash Bros Melee - Falco
    Super Smash Bros Project M - Falco, Ivysaur, Ike

The above games are awesome because they are super fast-paced and the "L cancel" mechanic is the closest thing I've found in a fighting game that almost perfectly resembles a control check.

My favorite decks in UFS are the super tight control decks where one wrong move means you lose. I would say this is somewhat represented in my Smash Bros character choices. Falco's laser pressure makes the opponent play my control game, forcing them to approach and alter their decision making. Ivysaur's razor leaf is an amazing projectile and he can gain vitality with synthesis, forcing my opponent to approach and stop me from healing. Ike scratches my aggro itch because he is a straight up brute force character who is fun to play and has an amazing edgeguard game.
    ~ Shane Duckworth - UFS is too damn good

Kof 14 - Robert/K'/Iori
    Street Fighter - I play like every street fighter I'm not going to list them all lol
    Guilty Gear - Faust

Fighting game wise I tend to play very neutral based footsie characters with strong limbs to keep punish and keep people out, but I tend to pick characters that can blow you up with massive damage. This sort of translate into UFS due to my affinity with decks that play midrange but hate potentially high damage output. I also tend to like heavy interactions and combos with cards with also stems from my love of high execution in combos. Currently playing Cutman, Wily, and Shen.
    Godlike at ripping the triple rain flush turn 2

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezmu View Post
    Damn you are cheap as hell lol
    Godlike at ripping the triple rain flush turn 2

I love fighting games. I play Super Smash bros, Ultra Marvel vs Capcom 3, BlazeBlue etc. Also like to play here www.friv4online.com/ . It's so fascinating and involving.