Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ban List - Effective March 3, 2017

It's kinda like how Last Ditch Gamble was a perfectly fair, okay card that no one complained about. But as soon as they put it on an attack it was low input, grossly NPE, and massively overpowered.
    2014 UK Teams Champ
    2016 World Teams Champ
    Garett's personal butler and mid-boss
    Self-proclaimed God of the Happy Feet

Join us on Discord for live UFS chat:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/63dRYmx

Last Ditch Gamble was not perfectly fair at all. It existed in a champ batch that was overall very overpowered, so I see why you have that perspective.
    ~ Shane Duckworth - UFS is too damn good

Quote Originally Posted by 'Caz Simon View Post
    It's kinda like how Last Ditch Gamble was a perfectly fair, okay card that no one complained about.
    nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg
    Godlike at ripping the triple rain flush turn 2

Head Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Caz Simon View Post
    It's kinda like how Last Ditch Gamble was a perfectly fair, okay card that no one complained about. But as soon as they put it on an attack it was low input, grossly NPE, and massively overpowered.
    Last Ditch Gamble was absolutely not perfectly fair and okay hahahahahaha it's one of the most auto-include foundations in UFS history, I'd put it right up there in egregiousness with Friends and Rivals.
    hay guise, im ofishul

Oldschool Deck articles! I II III IV V

Which is why it showed up in all kinds of strong decks that weren't Reese and Skull Man? Maybe the Iori decks that weren't running Fortress Frame? The card was MIA for like 2 years lol.
    2014 UK Teams Champ
    2016 World Teams Champ
    Garett's personal butler and mid-boss
    Self-proclaimed God of the Happy Feet

Join us on Discord for live UFS chat:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/63dRYmx

My assumption on that is because it can take people upwards of a year just to learn of its existence, and then even longer to get copies.
    Metal Blade!
    Metal Blade!
    Metal Bla-

Quote Originally Posted by Lolollo View Post
    My assumption on that is because it can take people upwards of a year just to learn of its existence, and then even longer to get copies.
    Let's think about that.

The one guy says it wasn't used in competitive decks often, and you say that is because casuals couldn't get it?

I can guarantee you everyone competing regularly had lots of it so it not being in winning decks had everything to do with it not being a 'most' competitive staple.

The thing about Last Ditch was it is a great offensive card, but that is all it was. Cards that are one-way don't see a lot of play in environments where certain decks are going to force you to go long, then it was used as a niche card for combos only (repeat combos by clearing card pools). The very best built decks are flexible, and often Last Ditch they are not.

The bottom line is it was a highly overrated card by casuals, especially players that played aggressively (only) because then it was one of their best cards, and they couldn't get it.

It was like telling a group of vegetarians they couldn't eat the best vegetarian dish, meanwhile the meat eaters (who sometimes ate veggies) weren't exactly relying on it in their best dishses.

This is neither here nor there, Last Ditch deserved its rotation (it was better than what other foundations were looking like, I'm not going to talk about what is fair and what isn't) and Shield Ram was way over-stat'd and because of that impacted deckbuilding variety. For example, take Shield Ram's block off and you probably see a really good card but not one that you always build around because of its versatility and kill efficacy. Good riddance to both.
    Last edited by dutpotd; 03-05-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

Could also be because the decks of the symbols on the card didnt necessarily "need" it, which doesnt detract from the imbalance of the card itself, but would influence whether the card fills the slots. So while its a bit of an overstatement to note it as an autoinclude in "any deck with the symbol" there is stil absolutely zero downside to including it anyway. Thats the main point on it, not that its unhealthily competative, just ridiculously undercosted. Compared to Repaying a debt, its cheaper, has a block, and has the same effect in the cost which effectively makes it "uncounterable". Its underrepresented in the professional meta probably because its a $9 card which takes a foundation slot which your deck might not want. The professional meta right now seems to really like its defensive and insurance foundations for their foundation slots, reserving the aggressiveness for their attacks themselves and their character.

Its why cards like Portal Barrier, 8000 Degrees and Mathematician are so hot right now.

Edit: You see the same thing with attacks to. Aerial Ring Boomerang is a 5 difficulty 4/5 with ranged, reversal, weapon, AND a sought after block, but like...no other relevancy. It might as well have a blank textbox with its keywords for how utterly useless the two enhances are. You dont see it in decks because of a very stereotypical reason for card games: theres something else thats better.

Doesnt mean its not a good card for what it does have going for it though.
    Last edited by Lolollo; 03-05-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    Metal Blade!
    Metal Blade!
    Metal Bla-

Okay,hold on now. Firstly. Portal barrier? Really? Named beside forbidden and 8000? That's heresy. And if you don't know what The ol' ARB can do by now..... then I'm not telling ya.

No really, I use it lots.
    My YouTube channel with videos for new players.
    New vids are like... 2 a year cause I'm lazy

Quote Originally Posted by toysoldyours View Post
    Okay,hold on now. Firstly. Portal barrier? Really? Named beside forbidden and 8000? That's heresy. And if you don't know what The ol' ARB can do by now..... then I'm not telling ya.

No really, I use it lots.
    My first deck was *sonic damage sound* man, I love me some ARB. And then I discovered Segaki Offering and creamed myself...

It illustrates the point really well, ARB is some straight value, but then Segaki Offering is *more* value, hence it has that marginal increase in "straight value".

Granted, the kind of person I am, Im still gonna trick people by going "1. Beast Cannon 2. ARB 3. Segaki Offering" in any given ham turn. Because theres still no value in playing SO as the second attack if theu decided to just take the 3 Beast Cannon damage like some kind of asshole!

EDIT: Oh, and then there's Throw it Down! Because theres only one thing Ring Man needs, and its more tiny little Ring men in the deck itself on a stick. But thats another story...

Im suddenly inspired to write this all down...
    Metal Blade!
    Metal Blade!
    Metal Bla-