Thread: I am the entirety of the New Hampshire playerbase

I am the entirety of the New Hampshire playerbase

That may not be entirely true, but it sure feels like it!

I'm returning to UFS after playing all of 5 games back in 2006. Or at least I'm trying to. I've been to comic/game store in Salem, Manchester, Nashua, Londonderry, etc. and can't find cards anywhere, to say nothing of other players. I finally ordered a mess of cards online, but I still don't know anyone to play with.

Are there any players in the Southern NH/Northern MA are interested in helping someone re-learn the game?

Hey I'm not super close but I'm fairly certain I'm the closest player to you, and I'm in Plymouth MA. I'm more than willing to help out in anyway I can though, look me up on Facebook or reply back here whichever you prefer. My name is Daniel Hughes and my FB profile pic is my two kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    Hey I'm not super close but I'm fairly certain I'm the closest player to you, and I'm in Plymouth MA. I'm more than willing to help out in anyway I can though, look me up on Facebook or reply back here whichever you prefer. My name is Daniel Hughes and my FB profile pic is my two kids.
    Hey well I appreciate the offer. Right now my plan is to hope Newbury Comics gets some stuff in when the Street Fighter sets get released (it's where I first saw the game however many years ago, after all) and then just proselytize anyone within earshot

Hello gentlefolk! I'm in Burlington MA and looking to find some other players too. Are you guys still playing?

Hey I'm about an hour away in Plymouth, I'm the only player in the area that I know of but would be very interested in making a push for a play group in the area. Reach out to me on here or on Facebook my info is a few posts up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    Hey I'm about an hour away in Plymouth, I'm the only player in the area that I know of but would be very interested in making a push for a play group in the area. Reach out to me on here or on Facebook my info is a few posts up.
    Well if we want a playgroup we shouldn't take it out of the forums for people to see I think. My flgs are Battlegrounds in Saugus, Hit and Run in Lexington, Hobby Bunker in Malden, with the occassional trek to Rivendell in Rehoboth (owners awesome, love supporting that store but it's a haul). There's some in Cambridge and Boston, still more in Salem and up New Hampshire way too but I don't go to those nearly as often. Not many know much about UFS though.

Where do you play/frequent? I know next to nothing about South Shore game shops other than Rivendell.

The only reason I suggest taking it off the forums is it's easier for a more fluid conversation, as far as shops I play are midevil starship in Kingston and game on in Warwick RI but I've had little to no interest in USC at either. When did you start playing/ how long ago?

My first foray into the game was Penny Arcade and the Taki demo pack way back at the start. I kept playing off and on but life and University took precedent of course.

Sounds like you're mostly at Rhode Island shops. I've had some interested inquiries about what I was playing with my friends, but it hasn't born fruit yet. I have spoken to a few shopfolk about setting up a demo day or something like that, and some have expressed interest, but since no one but it seems Newbury Comics carries the cards it's neen hard to traction. Would probably need to get a few people to be guarunteed to be there to play demos and as a show of support for it to work they are saying.

Have you played online yet? People have steered me towards Octagon amd I'd be curious to learn your impression of things?