Thread: Mad Scientist Dr Wily turns lead into GOLD

Mad Scientist Dr Wily turns lead into GOLD

I said I was going to post some spicy Dr Wily tech I've been working on. I started writing up my thought process, and it turned into a pretty big project. SO INSTEAD, I'm just gonna post the UFSUltra links with relatively little context and explain them later, probably in an article on ECommit

Long story short, I wanted to play Transmutation in Dr Wily. We play all 4-ofs, and frequently get attacks facedown in our staging area -- then, Wily can sac one of those attacks, and if I have a second in my hand boom! Especially if I double up on Capsule Zap, whose baseline is 3diff 4L7

Inspiration: Water Ally attacks suck, after Capsule Zap and Cowboy Battery. That means we need to dual-symbol, but Death or Evil attacks both work since they're shared by all of Wily's stuff. Let's find every weird card we might want to play on any of these symbols, though mostly non-Water attacks and mostly Water foundations. http://ufsultra.com/deck.php?deck=Wf...ndMyuVuOREaBvD

You know, now that I've done that, maybe there are enough cards to go pure Water. Capsule Ice Beam isn't great, but Bridging the Races and Senshi no Sonchu can help pass the goofy 6 and 7 checks to play consecutive Ice Beam combos. Etin is more copies of our best attack Capsule Zap and forces them to block on a 6 or lose a foundation; Delta Kick can set up a lot more Transmutation stuff and wears Bridging buffs http://ufsultra.com/deck.php?deck=lk...JMDNLtcmUHKrFU

I randomly threw 2 copies of Hunt for Spiders in Dragons in that mono-Water deck, and they were awesome! I also noticed the interaction between Spiders and Transmutation while playing - if I Spider you on turn X, then draw another Spider and at least 2 attacks on turn X+1, I can Spider you two more times! Delta Kick was miserable but Etin felt alright. I decide that Pinbot Strike is the best offsymbol attack. I tweaked the foundation base, adding Mysterious Mr X + Power of Dark Energy to build up some late game against people who block very well (and Mr X helps with Transmutation a few different ways) http://ufsultra.com/deck.php?deck=Ue...ELyemXsEMsIHjZ

And what I played last night -- I realize I can cut some of the middling assets to make some room, and play an especially potent offsymbol card backed up by powerful destroy costs. I think I want to play more Etincelles if I'm going down this path, because +5 damage Etincelles are a fantastic way to close a game out http://ufsultra.com/deck.php?deck=Vd...ck-description
    http://i.imgur.com/nxMBqb4.gifv

To edit a post, click Edit Post (brings up the Quick Edit thing over your post - ignore it), then click Edit Post again (this takes you to the detailed post page, where your edit can actually save)

Living Game Rules document v03.txt, because maybe you want to search through it?

Transmutation is something that got past me, but I have been looking at water wily purely for the line of thinking "I can have 8x capsule zaps in my deck". The apprehension to player the other capsule attacks has deterred a lot of the thought process; but I think there is something to be said about moving away from "play 4x all the allies on death" and working towards actually assembling the cards you want instead of having the best chances to Skull Fortress2.

Last place I left off was looking at the death version with K's Glove. Its a very asset heavy deck already, but K's glove protects your assets and can set up some really scary self destruct backswings. I think Wily is a lot more versatile than people give him credit for now that he has the best 3 diff attack. I will probably assemble something similar to this water version to test alongside a death version.
    2016 UFS Team Worlds: 3rd place, Demitri Life

Head Judge
    Be a man and play capsule flamethrower dangit
    hay guise, im ofishul

Oldschool Deck articles! I II III IV V

Have you tried Samurai Robotto at all? I quite like the idea of it in Water Wily as it lets you ready something to blow up if they end up committing out early into a kill turn.
    2011 UK Team National Champion
    2012 UK National Champion
    2012 UK Team National Champion
    2015 UK Extended National Champion
    2016 UK Team National Champion
    2017 UK Team National Champion

Just a washed up scrub who has to be dragged to victory these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    Be a man and play capsule flamethrower dangit
    Why? Mr X + Dark Energy give me all the momentum I need (including to build-my-own 7hs vs wall opponents), and they don't check a 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Doji_Mike View Post
    Have you tried Samurai Robotto at all? I quite like the idea of it in Water Wily as it lets you ready something to blow up if they end up committing out early into a kill turn.
    I've certainly thought about it. Adding free damage once my attacks are safely unblockable speed is really good too
    http://i.imgur.com/nxMBqb4.gifv

To edit a post, click Edit Post (brings up the Quick Edit thing over your post - ignore it), then click Edit Post again (this takes you to the detailed post page, where your edit can actually save)

Living Game Rules document v03.txt, because maybe you want to search through it?