Thread: The Longest UFS Session

The Longest UFS Session

Another addition to my nonsense posts, here's one we were talking about at my local last night.

"Setting the world record for the most amount of UFS played in one sitting"

This came up because of how the biggest problem I've had with UFS since day one is that I've never ever found someone who is anywhere near as passionate as I am about this game.
    Garett is the closest anyone has ever got who I've met in person, but even then I don't reckon he'd want to play the amount I'm willing to set the bar at... If I'm being honest, I don't think anyone would be.

It's not just UFS. This is something I have constantly had through my entire life though - I either absolutely love something and cannot simply get enough of it or I can't stand it whatsoever and go the direct opposite direction *there is just -no- middle ground whatsoever.

Like this song --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiqIush2nTA
    My biggest pet peeve in the world is hearing a song I really like and not knowing the name... I found out the name of this song 2 hours ago and haven't been able to stop listening to it on repeat since.

The longest amount of time I've ever been able to stay awake is just shy of 3 days (whether you want to believe that or not is up to you)

The Guinness World Record for the longest sitting of playing a trading card game goes to these guys who stayed awake for 128 hours http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...ding-card-game

It's the first Guinness World Record that I've looked at and been like "For sure I could beat that" All I need is the correct platform for it to be recorded a line of opponents (which I for sure couldn't consistently get for 4 days and nights straight)

Then people joked about how I'd probably have enough time to face every character in the game off of all of their symbols - which means I'd have to face Hikaru 4 times, but that doesn't bother me 'cause of how weedy that f*cker is.

Or if I played as E. Honda the for the entire 4 days then I joked about how literally incredible it would be if I could get someone to remove 4 of the same card with his enhance (I doubt that would happen though as I doubt anyone is that poor at shuffling)

I guess this is where I call out Jason Hawronsky and say if he flies me out and throws opponents at me, I can and will put his card game on the globe in the highest platform possible ahhhhh..... he won't read this sh*t lol

Oh well. Thought it would be funny and interesting for you guys to read on here so there you go.

Blurd Out!
    Last edited by Blurd Visionary; 08-10-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    "I've never been good with words... it's why my metacarpals have been broken on and off most my life"

2015 UK Teams Champ - Earth Goro
    1st - Doncaster PTC - All Megaman
    1st - Sheffield PTC - Fire Goro
    2nd - Colchester PTC - Fire Goro
    2nd - UK Legacy Nats - Earth (Tekken) King
    3rd - Colchester PTC - Earth Andy
    Youngest player to win cardboard - I was 17 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurd Visionary View Post
    It's the first Guinness World Record that I've looked at and been like "For sure I could beat that" All I need is the correct platform for it to be recorded a line of opponents (which I for sure couldn't consistently get for 4 days and nights straight)
    FWIW 128 hours is 5 1/3 days which is significantly more than 4 and almost double 3. Decent chance you'll be hallucinating by the end of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by -OMB- View Post
    FWIW 128 hours is 5 1/3 days which is significantly more than 4 and almost double 3. Decent chance you'll be hallucinating by the end of it :P
    Oh well, still reckon I could do it
    "I've never been good with words... it's why my metacarpals have been broken on and off most my life"

I'd be down to do it, especially if we could get charity involved. Stream that .
    2014 UK Teams Champ
    2016 World Teams Champ
    Garett's personal butler and mid-boss
    Self-proclaimed God of the Happy Feet

Join us on Discord for live UFS chat:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/63dRYmx

Honestly, I'd be more interested in whether or not the world record guys would let you get away with using different decks, because you could reasonably just play AS every character on all of their symbols. It might keep it fresh and challenging to not just have people come in to vs you, but to also send in their decks and have you fly in blind.
    Metal Blade!
    Metal Blade!
    Metal Bla-

Quote Originally Posted by Lolollo View Post
    Honestly, I'd be more interested in whether or not the world record guys would let you get away with using different decks, because you could reasonably just play AS every character on all of their symbols. It might keep it fresh and challenging to not just have people come in to vs you, but to also send in their decks and have you fly in blind.
    I don't think I'd be up for doing it if I had to play other people's decks.
    I like very particular things and I put hard work into my decks.

I think Tags can attest to legacy worlds where it was Mignon vs Tycho, first round was somewhere around... 2 hours?