Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Beatdown #2/2017 edition - winner Garett-li

Alberta Beatdown #2/2017 edition - winner Garett-li

On my MISSION to acquire more character versions than Chun-li, I thought it both funny (that her attacks made my second version more viable) and prudent that I win something with her toys before she does. Made it even better that this could be an 8X mission deck.

The beatdown had 16-20ish Canadian players, sadly 4 of the guys from Calgary couldn't make it due to scheduling/Sunday, but happily it had someone from BC and Winnipeg players as well.

I went 3-0-1 in the event, beating Terry2, Tomahawk Man, Oil Man, and tying Bass followed by beating Cammy and Vega in the top 4 to win it. Yes the finals was a 7hs Spiders and Dragons mirror, I presume the other PTC this weekend was the same or similar...

Here was my list, and to all those fakers playing Garett2 wrong and not even topping with him - this is how you do it

Garett-li Brett**

4 X Revoke
    3 X Templar

2 X Garett-castle / Zeltzereich

4 X Sobat Carnival
    4 X Cannon Spike
    4 X Kikosho
    4 X Kersplat!!
    1 X Senenshu
    1 X Death Valley Face Plant

4 X Caught Red Handed
    4 X Spirit Form
    4 X The Hunt for Spiders and Dragons
    4 X Beginning Mission
    4 X Haunted by Loss
    4 X Rescue Mission
    3 X Dust in the Wind
    3 X Sense of Adventure
    3 X Merciless Master
    2 X Ki Techniques
    2 X Personal Rivalry
    1 X Patriot Stance
    1 X Delta Blue Team Leader
    1 X Rhythmic Fighting Style
    1 X To Avenge a Loved One

Sideboard

1 X Templar
    1 X Rhytmic Fighting Style
    1 X Pharaoh Salvation
    1 X Soul Trap
    1 X Fire Slam
    1 X Dragon Cannon
    2 X Herald of Germania

A warning to the UK - I'm coming for your cardboard in a month so be ready ^^
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

You should play Bass :P

Quote Originally Posted by dutpotd View Post
    A warning to the UK - I'm coming for your cardboard in a month so be ready ^^

Nice build Garett I do hope I get a rematch, I want retribution for 2015 semis.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdercleese View Post
    You should play Bass :P
    Who says I won't?

Rumour I heard was you took a daft bet to play a five hander. To prove a point as much as anything. Any truth to it?
    Things don't look good for our plucky young heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarauding View Post
    Rumour I heard was you took a daft bet to play a five hander. To prove a point as much as anything. Any truth to it?
    I wish there was a bet involved, I was simply challenged to play a 5hs. You'd have to ask the person who challenged me if there was a point to it - other than, see if I can win or do well with almost anything.

I never decide what I'm playing until the morning of anyways, but if I do play as a 5hs and win a 4th year of attending UK nats in a row, wouldn't that be something?

Yes the finals was a 7hs Spiders and Dragons mirror, I presume the other PTC this weekend was the same or similar...
    6hs Spiders mirror, as it turned out

This deck is something! Do you frequently just throw out 4diff kicks with +3, with the threat of a 6M9 Kunai hovering over their head if they dare to block?
    http://i.imgur.com/nxMBqb4.gifv

To edit a post, click Edit Post (brings up the Quick Edit thing over your post - ignore it), then click Edit Post again (this takes you to the detailed post page, where your edit can actually save)

Living Game Rules document v03.txt, because maybe you want to search through it?

Quote Originally Posted by wafflecopter View Post
    6hs Spiders mirror, as it turned out

This deck is something! Do you frequently just throw out 4diff kicks with +3, with the threat of a 6M9 Kunai hovering over their head if they dare to block?
    Yep, you shout 'you dare block Garett-li!' and then proceed to hit them for 9, gain momentum and do silly things with it and a readied foundation.

Usually you start taking them to the carnival, then pretend you are the freak show - i.e. the marvel that are Chun-li's legs -, add Sobat to momentum, then either grab it back and play it more or bring it into the card pool later with merciless/draw/sense of adventure.

2 Sobats is the Ferris Wheel and 3 Sobats is getting them cotton candy,

At least my Spiders fit in at the haunted house attraction.

I wonder if Garett will accept my challenge and play that promo character
    "I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" ―Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Quote Originally Posted by dutpotd View Post
    I wish there was a bet involved, I was simply challenged to play a 5hs. You'd have to ask the person who challenged me if there was a point to it - other than, see if I can win or do well with almost anything.

I never decide what I'm playing until the morning of anyways, but if I do play as a 5hs and win a 4th year of attending UK nats in a row, wouldn't that be something?
    I honestly forgot about this, maybe it's because I haven't been playing any UFS recently.
    It came about long ago for a number of reasons but after talking with quite a few people, some on the inside told me he was sticking to it and others who'd recently spoke to him recently told me he isn't so I don't know anymore.
    Last time we spoke about it he said he was, but I don't believe him now.

He doesn't have to play 5hs if he doesn't want to and he knows it. Back then I just thought it would have been interesting, well... at least to me but I don't think I care as much anymore.

AH YEAH, that was it... I said if he at least topped as 5hs I'd let him play against me as 7hs - something at the time no one got the privilege of doing 'cause I considered it pure suicide (pre-vega then)
    I play as 1 7hs character now, just not often and I don't enjoy it.

But anyway, this is your thread, I don't want to make it about me.
    2018 UK Teams Champion (card in the making)
    2015 UK Teams Champion "Death Charge"
    1st Place - Sheffield PTC
    1st Place - Doncaster PTC
    And a bunch of tops scattered about my record.

Join the UFS Discord, everyone else is here waiting for you! https://discord.gg/2ZfxH5