Thread: Modifying Next Attack and Preventing Modification

Modifying Next Attack and Preventing Modification

I have a few questions regarding effects that modify future actions and how they work.

If my opponent uses an ability that modifies the damage of their next attack, then I use For Chivalry and Honor's:

"R Flip: After your opponent plays an attack, its damage cannot be modified." as a response when they play their next attack.

What happens?

A: The attack gets damage bonus then cannot be further modified.

B: The attack gets damage bonus then reverts to original/printed damage.

C: The response happens before the ability attempts to modify the attack's damage and does nothing.

Can I open a response window after the attack is played but before effects that would modify it that are waiting to happen?

Are "Your next attack gets +/-x damage" effects something that you can open a response window to after the attack is played? Such as responding when an attack gets a damage bonus or penalty.

If so, is each resolved individually or as a total?

E: Your next attack gets +3 damage.
    Creates a floating effect that applies to the next attack.

When that attack is played, all floatings that apply to that attack resolve first before response windows open to after the attack is played. In your multiple choice answer case, A is correct.

To answer your other question, you would be able to respond to a floating bonus with something like First Class Materials before the response window opens for "after an attack is played".

Hope this helps.
    ~ Shane Duckworth - UFS is too damn good

It does clarify things, thanks.