Page 103 of 122 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1216

Thread: Roll Call! - The UFS Introduction Thread 2

  1. #1021
    Junior Member Esper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    1

    A long time due...

    Hello,

    It was about time I made an account for this.

    You may know me as little Dan from the other more vocal colchester players. (as a point i'm not too fond of this)

    I have been doing well in the recent standard UK PTC circuit and would like to document my story from the scrub i was a couple of years ago.

    Hope to play with you soon
    Top 8 UK Nats 2015
    1st Colchester PTC 2015
    2nd Doncaster PTC 2016

  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    Hello,

    It was about time I made an account for this.

    You may know me as little Dan from the other more vocal colchester players. (as a point i'm not too fond of this)

    I have been doing well in the recent standard UK PTC circuit and would like to document my story from the scrub i was a couple of years ago.

    Hope to play with you soon
    Little Dan now dropped, I'll refer to you as your full name in future, and just to be clear to everone, this Dan is taller than me , the only reason why he had that nickname was because of Big Dan being in the same playgroup so it was a simple enough differentiation at the time.
    "I've never been good with words... it's why my metacarpals have been broken on and off most my life"

    2015 UK Teams Champ - Earth Goro
    1st - Doncaster PTC - All Megaman
    1st - Sheffield PTC - Fire Goro
    2nd - Colchester PTC - Fire Goro
    2nd - UK Legacy Nats - Earth (Tekken) King
    3rd - Colchester PTC - Earth Andy
    Youngest player to win cardboard - I was 17 at the time.

  3. #1023
    Junior Member NamuNamuNamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Binbrook, ON (near Hamilton)
    Posts
    4

    Introduction

    Hi all,

    My name is Phil Kirton. Been playing UFS since November of last year so still a newbie I got interested because of legacy cards (my fav character is Yoshimitsu if it wasn't obvious by my user name). My play group primarily plays standard so I haven't played much legacy lately. Send me a message if anyone is in the Hamilton - Toronto area and wants to play.

    Phil
    Overconfidence is the greatest enemy!

  4. #1024
    Senior Member wafflecopter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,448
    Yoshimitsu has an Extended-legal character that's kinda beastly. Especially because he has access to an unblockable attack (Mt Devil Divider!)
    http://i.imgur.com/nxMBqb4.gifv

    To edit a post, click Edit Post (brings up the Quick Edit thing over your post - ignore it), then click Edit Post again (this takes you to the detailed post page, where your edit can actually save)

    Living Game Rules document v03.txt, because maybe you want to search through it?

  5. #1025
    Junior Member NamuNamuNamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Binbrook, ON (near Hamilton)
    Posts
    4
    Yes, I just built a deck around that attack. I was a bit disappointed that although Yoshimitsu has a lot of vitality draining abilities, he has no vitality gaining abilities which is very much against his character. I hope that Jasco will bring back Yoshimitsu in a Tekken/Soul Calibur set so I can play him in standard.
    Overconfidence is the greatest enemy!

  6. #1026
    Junior Member Changeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2
    Good day and ‘ello.

    New UK player here. Only one in my little isolated community, but I hope to manipulate…I mean convince some of my mates to give this game a go.

    I remember first seeing this game back when it was owned by Sabertooth Games. I got a demo of it at the UK Games day 2007 (Back when Games Workshop was cool). I think the demo stuff was Chun-Li and someone else. Might have the cards lying around somewhere.

    Anyways, I rediscovered it when YouTube recommended me a random vid about a Hsien-Ko deck with cool little combos in it. Then I was like “Wait so I can play a card game around one of my all-time favourite characters and it can be my favourite type of deck, Combo!” and of course looking into it more made me realise I’d seen this game before. I was surprised to see it still running (I knew Sabertooth Games had died way back) but I’m happy it is.

    I don’t know how easy it is going to be to get into it here in the UK, as nowhere seems to stock it and the internet seems limited to a few starters. Nevertheless, the community here looks fun so I thought I would join and bug you all with annoying little questions and remarks I look forward to getting into it all.

  7. #1027
    Senior Member Doji_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Good day and ‘ello.

    New UK player here. Only one in my little isolated community, but I hope to manipulate…I mean convince some of my mates to give this game a go.

    I remember first seeing this game back when it was owned by Sabertooth Games. I got a demo of it at the UK Games day 2007 (Back when Games Workshop was cool). I think the demo stuff was Chun-Li and someone else. Might have the cards lying around somewhere.

    Anyways, I rediscovered it when YouTube recommended me a random vid about a Hsien-Ko deck with cool little combos in it. Then I was like “Wait so I can play a card game around one of my all-time favourite characters and it can be my favourite type of deck, Combo!” and of course looking into it more made me realise I’d seen this game before. I was surprised to see it still running (I knew Sabertooth Games had died way back) but I’m happy it is.

    I don’t know how easy it is going to be to get into it here in the UK, as nowhere seems to stock it and the internet seems limited to a few starters. Nevertheless, the community here looks fun so I thought I would join and bug you all with annoying little questions and remarks I look forward to getting into it all.
    Whereabouts are you based? there may be a group close(ish) to you. most of us in the UK tend to post more on our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101352853344858/ but there are still a couple of us that frequent here semi regular, get back to me when you can and we will see what we can do.
    2011 UK Team National Champion
    2012 UK National Champion
    2012 UK Team National Champion
    2015 UK Extended National Champion
    2016 UK Team National Champion
    2017 UK Team National Champion

    Just a washed up scrub who has to be dragged to victory these days...

  8. #1028
    Junior Member Changeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Doji_Mike View Post
    Whereabouts are you based? there may be a group close(ish) to you. most of us in the UK tend to post more on our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/101352853344858/ but there are still a couple of us that frequent here semi regular, get back to me when you can and we will see what we can do.
    Cheers pal.
    I'm cumbria based, north west. We have a very small gaming group, which is quite large given my complaints. About 8 of us get together regular. I know of few hobby groups within about an hours drive, but they are tabletop games like 40k.

    I'll get myself over to the UK group straight away. Thanks for pointing me to it.

    I knew this spot was going to be great

  9. #1029
    Senior Member Doji_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Cheers pal.
    I'm cumbria based, north west. We have a very small gaming group, which is quite large given my complaints. About 8 of us get together regular. I know of few hobby groups within about an hours drive, but they are tabletop games like 40k.

    I'll get myself over to the UK group straight away. Thanks for pointing me to it.

    I knew this spot was going to be great
    Yeah, I am not sure of much around you at the moment, closest i know of is Sheffield which is still a good couple of hours drive away from you. But with Indines coming up soon (which will be a fantastic investment and starting point for newer players) and all the new things in the pipeline it couldn't be a better time to get started. I also have a few big ideas to try and get growth really going. And I am sure some of us would be more than happy to help you however we can. If you want to private message me on here, or on facebook, my name is Mike Hardiman I would be more than happy to help in whatever way I possibly can.
    2011 UK Team National Champion
    2012 UK National Champion
    2012 UK Team National Champion
    2015 UK Extended National Champion
    2016 UK Team National Champion
    2017 UK Team National Champion

    Just a washed up scrub who has to be dragged to victory these days...

  10. #1030
    Junior Member A Muse N Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3

    Hello world!

    Hi All,

    We've created an account for our store to post in the store finder, and to advertise our upcoming PTC!

    We're a FLGS located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO