Page 81 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call! - The UFS Introduction Thread 2

good, more new players showing up, always a very good thing if you ask me, would like to see a lot of people saying where they're from and where they plan on playing to see WHERE the game is growing and where it's not.

N.J.
    NJ Spade sole survivor of the Card Gaming Dynasty known as Cookeville Corp.

Writer of Articles for TCO and Jasco Games for UFS

Achievements
    2006: 3rd place Nashville-Franklin FoP(Life X***); 2007: 18th place Murfreesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2008: 5th place(2nd thru swiss) Middlesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2009: 28th place SEC @ MTAC Mt. Juliet(Life Yuri)

New player with some questions, will be posting deck soon!

Hey everybody, just got into this. I picked up some packs and the red horizon starter deck. My buddy picked up the vincent gray deck as well. I had some questions, which I will repost in the deck posting as well, since I will be looking for helps and tips. (for those that are nearby, I'm out of marin county in California, on the off chance somebody reads this and wants to meet up or something to play at a LFGS)

We started playing, and we mostly got a pretty good handle on the rules. However, we find our games are very short. I usually kill him, or him me, by the third turn most games. MAYBE the fourth. On my end, this is partially because the Nehtali character card more or less gives you a free attack as far as I can tell, which makes for a lot of damage. We're making sure to keep increasing the difficulty of control checks and matching symbols as well. I guess my first main question is... How fast is this game, and how common are turn 3/4 deaths?

The other major question we had was, if extremely rapid games aren't common, then what is a "common" amount of turns for the game to go for?

It really depends on the decks being played. Aggro mirror matches (nehtali on grey for instance) can end very fast if both players are bashing every turn. Control decks slow the game down and make the aggro deck play at their pace (satoshi and vespera for instance) through the use of smart, efficient blocking, damage reduction, or attack deterrents (reversals, breaker, discard). This game can be faster than most but it can also take 50 minutes to finish a game. Depends on your style
    http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...ntastic-Deals!

2010 Legacy Worlds Champion
    2011 Team Worlds Champion
    2014 Team Nationals Champion

Other titles: Daddy, Husband, Teacher. All of which are super rad!

Join our Facebook group "Southeast UFS"

Oh, okay, thank god. I was very worried about my buy in, because right now we're both pretty much just going ham hawks and trying as hard as possible to win, because most of our blocks are like... +3 or +4, which seems pretty hard to get off, so we're just front loading our resources. Still learning the game, of course. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    Um....I'm new to the game and I'm in the middle of getting my friends to start playing as well and trying to get the local stores intro playing the game as well and possibly start hosting semi-anual gaming events for it.

Welcome, welcome! Which stores are you looking at specifically? I'll make sure they're set up to support your playerbase.

Thanks
    Lily
    817-983-3281
    lily@jascogames.com

Also New

Hey,

I backed the megaman kickstarter and got the ufs tins. The game looks like a lot of fun but I don't see any normal events in Portland, OR so I might have to look into being a Scout as well. For now I shall just lurk around and post stupid questions as they come up.

I too received this game through the Megaman Board Game Kickstarter. I've played UFS once or twice before but I want to give these two decks a real shot, but I have a lot of questions, so I joined this forum to ask them.

Returning player from 2009! :O

Hello! I am a returning player from 2009! But i have no one to play with... :'(
    I am from greece and my hidden love of a tcg has always been UFS!
    I revived Pokemon TCG in my country and i would love to do that for UFS also.
    I have many plesant memories of this game and i love the variety its cards provide to deckbuilding.
    If anyone has any ideas on how i can revive UFS in my country (Greece) feel free to inform me!

Ill be building some legacy decks in the following days since i need to catch up to the sets i have missed from my long absense! (In progress Water Sasquatch, Death .M. Bison.)
    Feel free to send me any pms! ill be answering and i definately want to be a part of the community!

HEY THERE! TOTALLY new here, but got crazy into the card game when I saw some people play it in this random card shop I went to. Still learning the rules, but I'm really enjoying it right now. Hope this game continues to grow and be loves!

Quote Originally Posted by Fellstrike View Post
    Hey,

I backed the megaman kickstarter and got the ufs tins. The game looks like a lot of fun but I don't see any normal events in Portland, OR so I might have to look into being a Scout as well. For now I shall just lurk around and post stupid questions as they come up.
    Our VP lives in Portland!

Guardian Games backed our Kickstarter and should be carrying product soon. They don't currently have a scout, so this would be a perfect place to get things going. Other World Games' scout is David Flores, and although their playgroup is small, they have things going over there.

So let me know if you have interest in scouting at either of these locations, I know you registered recently

Thanks, and good luck with everything!
    Lily
    817-983-3281
    lily@jascogames.com