Page 20 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call! - The UFS Introduction Thread 2

initial posting

Hello all!

First time posting, and can't wait to get things rolling in my store!

Howdy, SethCo calling in from X9Games in Hadley, MA.

I'm really psyched to get this game off the ground in my area, and so far the reception has been great!

I've been handing out older decks for free to the players in my store in order to drum up some word of mouth and get people playing. Any advice on what's worked for other people regarding attracting new players?

Oh hey, I might as well post in here. I'm Kevin from the Rochester playgroup, and I've been playing for the better part of forever (okay, I started just after ... Blades of Fury? the set with Yunseong). I've only played in a very few "big" tournaments (one regional, one AoP, this year's Gencon) but after Gencon this year damn I need to start travelling more. This game is so damn fun

Quote Originally Posted by wafflecopter View Post
    Oh hey, I might as well post in here. I'm Kevin from the Rochester playgroup, and I've been playing for the better part of forever (okay, I started just after ... Blades of Fury? the set with Yunseong). I've only played in a very few "big" tournaments (one regional, one AoP, this year's Gencon) but after Gencon this year damn I need to start travelling more. This game is so damn fun
    You've also been a poster forever, that low post count doesn't do your presence on the game's total (previous) forums any justice. WAFFLE KNOWS HIS UFS
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

Back for more

Hi guys, back for more UFS. I started playing with the original sets from STG and left after the nightmare that Cutting Edge/Domination was.

Although I did get quite a lot of SC4/Shadowar and some Tekken and Red Horizons, I can safely assume I'm back for more serious play.

I'm hoping that the community here has grown a little as well, because at the time I left, your post count determined whether or not you were believable...but being satisfied with the Red Horizons set, I guess the game can be considered playable again.

Hey all

I'm an old player from Australia since the original sets. Hope that there are a few Aussies that browse the boards from around the Melbourne area outside of my old play group that will be interested in games from time to time.

TO EVERYONE: Welcome to the forums!! I might be missing some of you due to my laziness of just looking at the last page u.u but I welcome you all equally. I hope to see u all around the forums discussing and spamming with us (haha not so much on the spamming part xD) For those of you who don't know if you have a playgroup around you or if you have a playgroup around you that you would like to share with everybody, check if it is already on my thread on the General Discussion (No worries, is stickied so it is easy to find :3 ) if it is no there just post it or PM me with the info and I will put it up. That thread was made with hopes of getting more ppl together in some places to get even more players to get back into the game and into the game for the first time ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SethCo_Inc View Post
    Howdy, SethCo calling in from X9Games in Hadley, MA.

I'm really psyched to get this game off the ground in my area, and so far the reception has been great!

I've been handing out older decks for free to the players in my store in order to drum up some word of mouth and get people playing. Any advice on what's worked for other people regarding attracting new players?
    Welcome! And well it is always good to have demo games for them to understand. (Because you may know this game is VERY VERY complex so it might be hard for some to understand it at first and some ppl might not like playing something they dont get at all :P)

Quote Originally Posted by wafflecopter View Post
    Oh hey man, welcome Good to see more Rochesterians in here :P

Quote Originally Posted by sunwentai View Post
    Hi guys, back for more UFS. I started playing with the original sets from STG and left after the nightmare that Cutting Edge/Domination was.

Although I did get quite a lot of SC4/Shadowar and some Tekken and Red Horizons, I can safely assume I'm back for more serious play.

I'm hoping that the community here has grown a little as well, because at the time I left, your post count determined whether or not you were believable...but being satisfied with the Red Horizons set, I guess the game can be considered playable again.
    Hey Welcome back! Also you are right, Red Horizon has given UFS a whole new feeling to the game and it is a good feeling. Hope to see ya all around the forums ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Breez View Post
    Hey all

I'm an old player from Australia since the original sets. Hope that there are a few Aussies that browse the boards from around the Melbourne area outside of my old play group that will be interested in games from time to time.
    Hey hey, welcome back! I made a thread a while ago with a list of playgroups and if I'm not mistaken there might be a couple in Australia listed in there. Hope you find it useful!
    Don't steal. Government doesn't like competition.

My Valkyrie Profile Fantasy Set

My trade Thread

COME AND ENTER THE UFS CHAT!

Hey

I'm thinking about getting back into UFS. I was playing form the beginning (the Penny Arcade set), and I had been a playtester for a whlie too. I've done decently in several large tournaments.

Centipede, go find retched, goo & omar, they'll help you a LOT to get back into the game.

N.J.
    NJ Spade sole survivor of the Card Gaming Dynasty known as Cookeville Corp.

Writer of Articles for TCO and Jasco Games for UFS

Achievements
    2006: 3rd place Nashville-Franklin FoP(Life X***); 2007: 18th place Murfreesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2008: 5th place(2nd thru swiss) Middlesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2009: 28th place SEC @ MTAC Mt. Juliet(Life Yuri)

Introduction

Hello, my name is Jeffrey and I have been playing UFS since SF Extreme Rivals.