Page 71 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call! - The UFS Introduction Thread 2

Rockstar - We used to play back at the Gameshelf. A lot of things happened during the time of the transition including new store management, moving players, and the game transition itself. The new (last few years new) owners are good, they are willing to put any game out as long as their is enough player base to have fun and ability to move some marginal product. I like both legacy and standard and still have all my good old stuff for that. I just wanted to know the pull ratios now since you usually will need to buy 2 or so boxes of a set to get a playset of the good commons and uncommons and then trade/buy singles for the rares/ultra rares. I will probably go with the first red horizon (cheaper boxes) and first KOF set. At the moment Im currently going through all the stuff (there is a LOT) and trying to sort out the more playable stuff to teach some of our players from my other card playgroups.

Also thanks everyone for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowmanX View Post
    Rockstar - We used to play back at the Gameshelf. A lot of things happened during the time of the transition including new store management, moving players, and the game transition itself. The new (last few years new) owners are good, they are willing to put any game out as long as their is enough player base to have fun and ability to move some marginal product. I like both legacy and standard and still have all my good old stuff for that. I just wanted to know the pull ratios now since you usually will need to buy 2 or so boxes of a set to get a playset of the good commons and uncommons and then trade/buy singles for the rares/ultra rares. I will probably go with the first red horizon (cheaper boxes) and first KOF set. At the moment Im currently going through all the stuff (there is a LOT) and trying to sort out the more playable stuff to teach some of our players from my other card playgroups.

Also thanks everyone for the responses.
    Hello and welcome back!

I just spoke with Jackie over at Gameshelf, and she spoke very highly of you. She said you had been talking about getting UFS started again, so I provided her with current product information and our new store specials. If she places an order, we'll be more than happy to throw in demo decks & mats to help get things going for you.

Feel free to register as a scout, as well, so you can start running events when you're ready.

Thanks, and let us know if you need anything!
    Lily
    817-983-3281
    lily@jascogames.com

I'm new to UFS and I play in the Omaha, Nebraska area. It's been a great game, I'm happy I was introduced to it.

Old player returning

Hi my name is Trent I haven't played Ufs since 2008 roughly due to the drying up of people to ply around my area however still enjoy the game despite having mock fights against myself to better know my Guile deck.

The guile is form 5 version from Fight to the Future set built primarily around blocking and reversals and card recycling. It's not perfect but it suits the way I want to play

Noob question

Mirror match vespera , they can attack ? they only have reversal attack right ? so they canīt ? or you can play reversal like normal attack ?

reversal means you can play only after a block right ? so im a little lost XD

Noob Q 2

Another question if i have 4 devour prey in my starting area, i can use the 4 in one attack right ?
    each of one only one time right ? is like once per turn ? or i can activate again the 4 card in my next attack ?

Devour Your Prey
    Set 16 - Tides of Vengeance #134
    Foundation
    SE
    Legacy - Standard - Extended

E Discard the top card of your deck: If the discarded was a reversal this attack gets +3 speed.

ya kinda asked questions in the wrong thread but here you go:

you may play enhances ONCE per COPY, per enhance phase, as long as you can pay the cost to do so and it doesn't have restricter text to do so(stuff like "only playable durring your turn, only playable if your attack is 4+ damage, etc...").

as to the first question part 1) got no clue what you're asking here, can you write it out a little clearer please? as to Part 2) Yes, you have to block to play a reversal(note it does NOT have to be a full block), the only exceptions are Annu Mutsube and Shifting Technology(and the 2 Yoshi-tora cards that allow you to do so) as they have specific wording to allow no block to be played in order to play them.

also, where are you from btw?

N.J.
    NJ Spade sole survivor of the Card Gaming Dynasty known as Cookeville Corp.

Writer of Articles for TCO and Jasco Games for UFS

Achievements
    2006: 3rd place Nashville-Franklin FoP(Life X***); 2007: 18th place Murfreesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2008: 5th place(2nd thru swiss) Middlesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2009: 28th place SEC @ MTAC Mt. Juliet(Life Yuri)

Quote Originally Posted by CBDragon View Post
    Mirror match vespera , they can attack ? they only have reversal attack right ? so they canīt ? or you can play reversal like normal attack ?

reversal means you can play only after a block right ? so im a little lost XD
    No, you can play an attack with the Reversal keyword as a normal Form on your own turn. Having the Reversal keyword means that that attack ALSO has the ability to be played as a Response to successfully blocking your opponent's incoming attack on THEIR turn.
    "Music is not trying to be a formula every time, y'know? It's not a conveyor-belt. It's an expression of a moment in time." -- Maxwell, VH1 Storytellers.

On good days, I win more than I lose.

Sorry to have post this in the wrong thread, but ty to answer my question btw im from Portugal ( yeah my english is not perfect i know :P )

Quote Originally Posted by NJBrock22 View Post
    ya kinda asked questions in the wrong thread but here you go:

you may play enhances ONCE per COPY, per enhance phase, as long as you can pay the cost to do so and it doesn't have restricter text to do so(stuff like "only playable durring your turn, only playable if your attack is 4+ damage, etc...").

as to the first question part 1) got no clue what you're asking here, can you write it out a little clearer please? as to Part 2) Yes, you have to block to play a reversal(note it does NOT have to be a full block), the only exceptions are Annu Mutsube and Shifting Technology(and the 2 Yoshi-tora cards that allow you to do so) as they have specific wording to allow no block to be played in order to play them.

also, where are you from btw?

N.J.

aaaaaaaah ok ok thank you so much, if i can attack with reversal like normal form that a lot diferent

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar View Post
    No, you can play an attack with the Reversal keyword as a normal Form on your own turn. Having the Reversal keyword means that that attack ALSO has the ability to be played as a Response to successfully blocking your opponent's incoming attack on THEIR turn.