Thread: Cardfight!!/ Vanguard

Cardfight!!/ Vanguard

So, has anyone checked out this new TCG anime airing in Japan? It's only on the first season, episode 6 I think, but so far it's pretty cool (9 announced so far). Made by the same people in a collaboration between Akira Ito (Yu-Gi-Oh! R), Satoshi Nakamura (Duel Masters), and Bushiroad president Takaaki Kidan. It's actually based off the card game itself, rather than vice versa with most anime tcgs.

I've only finished the first two episodes so far, but the system seems interesting. I don't know about you guys but I think I'll be picking some up when it hits the US, or if I get tired of waiting, importing some cards.

Either way, if you've got time and a good enough net connection (who doesn't these days?), check it out. Just google it, you'll find a site.... It's certainly got some interesting mechanics.... And I want someone I can talk to about it with! Seriously I'm the only one I know, that knows about it! Kinda depressing xD.
    When there are no allies to be had... Show no mercy to those who oppose you.

Scout
    I've watched it, is got good mechanics but it seems really fast and a bit crazy as it introduces more complexity to the game every episode >_< The mechanics I love the most are the ones that reduce dmg/add damage for the check

i'll be busy visiting the Crocker and viewing their European master drawings instead, weeboos.
    Looking for a Nats team

Quote Originally Posted by Hayamachop View Post
    I've watched it, is got good mechanics but it seems really fast and a bit crazy as it introduces more complexity to the game every episode >_< The mechanics I love the most are the ones that reduce dmg/add damage for the check
    Just finished Ep. 5.. Seriously can't wait for 6. The game looks interesting.... Gaahh. Now I need to import a starter! If it's anything like the Anime, which it should be considering the anime's based off the game, it looks wicked fun. Looks like it has a lot more depth to it than at first glance... But I'm focusing on UFS right now X_x.... Gah, seriously need to find a job....

Well, it may not import over. I notice anime-based card games are failing over here unless it's ridiculously popular, ala Pokemon, Naruto, or Yugioh.... And don't even get me STARTED on Battle Spirits... Uuugh... I can only pray that Bandai doesn't get it's grubby mitts on Vanguard....

So we're the only two who's checked it out so far. Ah well, it just started last month so I guess that should be expected.... Hmm, question to ya. How badly are you expecting people to compare it as a yugioh rip off?
    When there are no allies to be had... Show no mercy to those who oppose you.