Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Collecting Opinions on Things (Legacy, Extended, and yes Standard too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlegrom View Post
    Dirty Pool should be banned anyways free unblockable shouldn't exist anyways Tira is always going to be a problem if you ban waterfall she will find another card to break she is going to be an issue no matter what cards are banned or how the card pool changes
    She isn't any worse than characters like 8 hand Dhalsim.
    First-Last Place: Every Tournament 2007-Present
    GET HYPE FOR TRADES!

I didn't get to play Extended or Legacy this year (like at all, no one here wants to play with me :P). That said, Seal of Cessation has always bothered me a little bit; the worst part of Military Rank was recurring Seals for free. It's not even a good safety valve -- like Keenan said, its awful stats mean that it is only a card for control decks. There are enough random answer cards in UFS that honestly I don't think we'll ever be overwhelmed by degenerate combination decks, unless those combo decks have enough answers for all the other answers.

Honest question: Do 'attack decks' have a chance in Legacy? By that I mean a deck that might play three or four attacks on turn 2, hoping that the opponent can't block well enough. (with some foundation backup, obviously, but largely about the orange more than the grey)

As far as drafting, the idea to have a pool of characters like Magic has basic lands is absolutely fantastic. Even if 4 people want to play the same at the end of the draft, they can! They'll each have to deal with the fact that 3 other players were cutting the best cards for their deck, of course. I've been kinda floating ideas around in my head for a while on a UFS Cube (cubedrafting.com has a description for MTG) and frankly this idea is utterly perfect. Now, it's just time to choose characters and themes . (btw, one is already decided; Astrid playing Chain Throw or Shadow Banishment as a reversal. All else will follow)

Quote Originally Posted by LuchaHeroAl View Post
    She isn't any worse than characters like 8 hand Dhalsim.
    Okay he can be banned too anything else?
    UFS Canadian National/Legacy World/Team National Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Matt Kohls)/Team World Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Aj Murray)
    My Trades List http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...1518#post41518
    I am a Warlock assassin sent from the Vatican just like Charlie Sheen
    Here's a napkin, clean yourself off

Dang it. There goes a legacy deck I wanted to make. Bugger.
    The infinite hype machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLDrew View Post
    Ya'll should be Team Emotional Rollercoaster. Thomas is super hype about everything, Syclic is super sad about everything, and Trips just says whatever the hell he is thinking.
    Trades

Attack decks are 100% viable in Legacy and are very very strong. The bannings really shook up the idea about Legacy being gray walls banging into each other. Give the format a try as almost every single symbol is at least playable. Air, Earth, Fire, Evil, and All are very strong symbols with aggressive strategies.
    http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...ntastic-Deals!

2010 Legacy Worlds Champion
    2011 Team Worlds Champion
    2014 Team Nationals Champion

Other titles: Daddy, Husband, Teacher. All of which are super rad!

Join our Facebook group "Southeast UFS"

Legacy - I didn't play but I did have a deck to play with, I watched a ton of games and the format looks great, I only have a few cards that need to be looked at.
    Tira - So she may not be broken, but why should I be discouraged from blocking knowing I am gonna take damage anyway unless I have a way to negate her ability? That's trash.
    Hammer - It was a good card for the time but it is just too much of a pump for such a low cost and still completely shuts down any momentum based decks.
    Reverse Waterfall - Endless loops should just not exist. Period.

Extended - Kill it, please with fire if possible. The matches are boring, take way too long and are just degenerate as all Also this last comment may be a bit bias but having to get to the TCG hall at 8am for Teams because we had to compromise for Extended just to not end up playing until 10:30am anyways REALLY irked me. If teams was just set to start at 10am with no extended I would've got to sleep more and been in better shape.

Standard - This format is awesome and I love it, my only concern currently is as everyone has stated 7HS characters are just overpowering 6HS right now. The main concern I have for this right now is Paul Bittner, the only 6HS character that can stand up to his deck control is King because he doesn't require drawing attacks as much as other characters do, the only other one who might would be Mitsu just because how fast he can go off. Paul hasn't been out for too long so all we really have to go off of is what happened at Gencon but anyone with half a brain can see it to be true.
    UFS Team World 3rd Place 2011 (Ray Andre, Stefan Jones, Matthew McDannel) Note: Swiss Champs
    UFS Team Nationals Champion 2012 (Jeremy Ray, Phil Birch, Matthew McDannel) Note: Swiss Champs
    UFS Team World Champion 2008 & 2013 (Andrew Olexa, Jeremy Ray, Matthew McDannel)

"Not to alarm anyone, but I think Matt McDannel is a god damn Ninja!" - Drew Maffei
    "The Bear, Most consistent Teams member" - Andrew Olexa after 13 Team worlds on me being 3 of 5 with teams.

Playstation Network: GTORules

Quote Originally Posted by GTORules View Post
    Extended - Kill it, please with fire if possible. The matches are boring, take way too long and are just degenerate as all Also this last comment may be a bit bias but having to get to the TCG hall at 8am for Teams because we had to compromise for Extended just to not end up playing until 10:30am anyways REALLY irked me. If teams was just set to start at 10am with no extended I would've got to sleep more and been in better shape.
    I honestly think extended will not be a good format until 5 point rotates out of standard then I think it will be a good format
    UFS Canadian National/Legacy World/Team National Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Matt Kohls)/Team World Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Aj Murray)
    My Trades List http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...1518#post41518
    I am a Warlock assassin sent from the Vatican just like Charlie Sheen
    Here's a napkin, clean yourself off