Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Nats Coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusotls View Post
    ya, I don't think he is quite anthropomorphic enough to be in UFS, glad he is not in standard.
    lol I hate posting pics from coolstuff they always show this guy lol...
    UFS Canadian National/Legacy World/Team National Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Matt Kohls)/Team World Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Aj Murray)
    My Trades List http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...1518#post41518
    I am a Warlock assassin sent from the Vatican just like Charlie Sheen
    Here's a napkin, clean yourself off

The design is fine the game is great just when making a 6 hs you need a recursion or draw gimmic like Roy mei Lein Omar vespera king and so on if you don't have that then you need a free damage like Mitsu and James hata I would also like to talk about having James hata unbanned if we eratta his r to 1 SPd or dmg if he said that I still think he would be weaker than Mitsu but at least there is another strong option as a 6 hs what do y'all think
    Atlanta UFS- " Simply Better"
    "Live by the Fang, Die by the Fang"

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlegrom View Post
    Agreed the old vitality was crap like on this guy...

Just be glad that isn't what standard is working with :P
    Uh-oh, man: SQUIRRELS!
    "Music is not trying to be a formula every time, y'know? It's not a conveyor-belt. It's an expression of a moment in time." -- Maxwell, VH1 Storytellers.

On good days, I win more than I lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dutpotd View Post
    I like the fact that there are 5/6/7hs characters in the game, because it gives the desinger's the ability to put obviously stronger abilities on the lower handsize characters and still have them in the game. Frankly, things are getting better, you can't even compare the number of non-competitive character cards that used to be released relative to the standard set today.
    The problem isn't that "It's better now". It's that it is constantly 7HS that wins since the dawn of time with outliers that ended up being banned (Hugo3 due to Fortune and Glory, for example). Either as you've said the dude playing 6HS gets a bad break or something happens but fact of the matter is, it's excessively rare for a 6HS to win it all. There's a reason why most of the champion cards are 7HS. There's a reason why we've rarely seen a majority of 6HS in top 8 as opposed to 7HS. I don't mind having the variety - I mind having a false sense of variety like now. Why choose a 6HS character when a 7HS character with similar abilities is released? There are no reasons because you get to see an extra card a turn and that'll help you out more in the long run. I feel that the alleged balance simply doesn't hold up when you compare the few 6HS that are viable compared to the smattering of powerful 7HS characters.

It's not because what came before was utter crap that we should be satisfied with mediocrity either. I know very well we used to have 5H/25Vit (Balrog if you are wondering - I played both versions.) or 8H/23Vit (Adon3) and things like that. That doesn't make the current situation better in general, it just makes it better in comparison.

Also, don't talk to me about Roy. I'm having a mad hate on for the guy because of an earlier errata.
    Has a book out! Self-published, in French, but still. A book!

Mitsu just won the UK nats so about them not winning....
    Atlanta UFS- " Simply Better"
    "Live by the Fang, Die by the Fang"

Since RH came out there have bern four PTCs, Worlds, and US and UK nationals. 6HS characters won three out of the seven. Even though 6hs is less consistent drawing its own stuff, 7hs runs the risk of randomly getting blown to pieces by an opponent's strong draw. Yes, there are more competitive 7hs right now, because they only need play abilities as opposed to great ones and FFG seemed not to fully grasp this. It is starting to change, but expecting a total 180 to happen overnight is unrealistic

Not to mention that 100% of the 6hs characters that entered the standard tournament made top cuts. Statistically, they have a much better chance at winning!

Not quite - Birch fell short with King and Sean O'Brien was using tri-symbol Sevastian unless I'm being vastly forgetful. So 3 out of 5, though I may be missing a sixth. Still pretty good.
    Last edited by Cetonis; 02-03-2012 at 11:40 AM.

It is not like 7 out of the 8 decks in the Top 8 of UK nats were 6 handsize, or anything like that >_>
    2011 UK Team National Champion
    2012 UK National Champion
    2012 UK Team National Champion
    2015 UK Extended National Champion
    2016 UK Team National Champion
    2017 UK Team National Champion

Just a washed up scrub who has to be dragged to victory these days...

Lol,
    Hatman: "King is bad"
    Whole forum: "Fffffff no!"

I don't have a problem with 6 handers being given "low" health figures like 26. What I mind is that characters with 26 should be having perhaps THE most amazing abilities IN THE GAME. What they're given, oftentimes, are abilities that are better suited for 7 handers (generally, the trade-off is that the bigger your handsize the more simplistic of a character you're supposed to be).

Pretty much everyone's points that have been made are valid, and I can only hope that Jasco finds such discussion of value. 6 handers are getting better, and it's truly going to show a potentially different argument once all of TOV comes out.

What I said earlier I will simply say again: currently, an overwhelming majority of 6 handers are balanced...for another game/format that we aren't and won't play. In the same way that we have "buffed/nerfed" some of the ShadoWar characters, I feel we should do the same for all characters that are legal. Equally as important, I hope that 6 handers continue to be made powerful.