Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nats Coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by makingsenseofus View Post
    CONGRATS GARRETT AND ANDREW!!!

also, canada takes US nats for the second time. Alright US guys, time to jump the border and take it back.
    We would need an actual event for this to happen.
    Has a book out! Self-published, in French, but still. A book!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatman View Post
    We would need an actual event for this to happen.
    Yeah, we should have one out by you/Ontario region Hatman, assuming things pick up post KOF license releases and all. I know I'd be willing to help out the best I could from way out West, and I would obviously attend at the very least.
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

Quote Originally Posted by dutpotd View Post
    Yeah, we should have one out by you/Ontario region Hatman, assuming things pick up post KOF license releases and all. I know I'd be willing to help out the best I could from way out West, and I would obviously attend at the very least.
    The problem (and I'll keep this short because this isn't the thread for that) is that we (our playgroup) cannot run it as we have some guarantees that if it is done over here, a ton of well-known people won't show up and to be honest, I don't want to run a tournament for one of the biggest prizes in UFS if the competition isn't on the level. Bizarro UFS Montreal may be, but our track record in tournaments show that we're not playing the game proper.

I'm not saying we couldn't actually help out in running the tournament - just that it cannot be held here due to various considerations.

Still, grats on your win and grats on the Canadian Grand Finals!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Mimura View Post

Glad my favorite symbol finally won something.
    worlds 2011?
    I believe in banning by example. Be the problem you see in the game so others will view it as a problem.
    Then, all you have to do is not lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Mimura View Post
    Amy was already awesome without Righteousness. Her + Throne Room = nothing gets blocked evar. Righteousness not only gives her a good attack, but is amazing defensively, which helps given her health.

Glad my favorite symbol finally won something.
    As you know, my favorite symbol too. Throne Room is a very good card and is essentially a +4 speed to your attacks if you sucessfully enhance with Amy on an attack with a block mod. HOWEVER, it is a huge double edged sword in the meta currently. Namely, any deck that runs those fancy attacks without enhance phases (see Concussion Blast) is super deadly once this drops, because it comes at you without an enhance phase at essentially +2 speed.

- dut
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

Quote Originally Posted by Hatman View Post
    The problem (and I'll keep this short because this isn't the thread for that) is that we (our playgroup) cannot run it as we have some guarantees that if it is done over here, a ton of well-known people won't show up and to be honest, I don't want to run a tournament for one of the biggest prizes in UFS if the competition isn't on the level. Bizarro UFS Montreal may be, but our track record in tournaments show that we're not playing the game proper.

I'm not saying we couldn't actually help out in running the tournament - just that it cannot be held here due to various considerations.

Still, grats on your win and grats on the Canadian Grand Finals!
    I am trying to push Jason for a Toronto Canadian Nats. It think the competition would be very good. Michigan, New York/Jersey, and ATL would be there for sure. So, I think the competition would be fierce.

Also, Congrats once again to all of the champions. But, heed my warning, next time, Rochester will not be bringing home second place prizes!
    Sean O'Brien
    Owner Rochester CCG

We are always buying and selling UFS! Check us out:
    www.rochesterccg.com

2012 Team Canadian National Champion
    2015 Team United States National Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dutpotd View Post
    As you know, my favorite symbol too. Throne Room is a very good card and is essentially a +4 speed to your attacks if you sucessfully enhance with Amy on an attack with a block mod. HOWEVER, it is a huge double edged sword in the meta currently. Namely, any deck that runs those fancy attacks without enhance phases (see Concussion Blast) is super deadly once this drops, because it comes at you without an enhance phase at essentially +2 speed.

- dut
    As a frequent abuser of Concussion Blast and Knee-Capper, there are few things I like seeing more than my opponent plunking down a copy of Throne Room.

Congrats on the win, dude!

Great job to everyone! Can't wait to join this madness in vegas next year! Gonna be sexy!
    Aka The Godfather of Orange Card Blue Card

2007: 6th Blackthorn Tn AOP
    2008: 4th KY AOP. 23rd US Nats, 34th Worlds, T16 Team Worlds, 5th Legacy Worlds.
    2009: 9th at SEC, 11th PotM, 1st PotM legacy, 4th at KY Regionals, 21st US Nats, T8 Team Nats, 3rd Legacy Worlds, 7th team worlds
    2010: 2nd Legacy Worlds, 16th Worlds
    2012: 1st Blackthorn AOP, 6th @ 2nd Blackthorn AOP, 5th SE RB #1 ATL, 2nd at SE RB #2 Blackthorn
    2013: 9th Legacy Worlds(2nd after swiss) 6th Team Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by S_OBrien View Post
    I am trying to push Jason for a Toronto Canadian Nats. It think the competition would be very good. Michigan, New York/Jersey, and ATL would be there for sure. So, I think the competition would be fierce.
    We'd definitely try to show up in force, potentially bringing most members of Team Phail if that were to happen.

Nats was a great time. Legacy was a blast! The Muuuuj scrubbed out during teams and we had a harsh breakup. I pretty much told him I am leaving him for his older brother version. It was sad. Morathi had a tough tourney and barely missed top cuts. Oh whale.

Good times.

Phil Birch you're my boy!!!

Tourney report to come...

Hurricane out
    STAND BACK! There's a Hurricane comin' through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlegrom View Post
    Running all 3 checks is like playing a deck with training wheels.
    I did some stuff, I won some stuff, now I work on the stuff.