Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New UFS database !

New UFS database !

One of my players (DalaiLama here on the Jasco boards) has developped a new web-based UFS search engine, after some complaints that other databases were too slow or inconvenient (and that OCTGN had to be installed !)

It is hosted here :
    www.ufsultra.com

Some old promos (and the latest ones) are still missing (we'll add them as soon as we get proper visuals) and there are still some errors (due to the data we imported). If you find any mistake, please use the "report" button to let us know !

The site also allows users to create an account (which is, and will always be free, of course !) and build decks (just click on the numbers next to a card to add any number of copies to your deck). You can also view various stats (such as card types ratios, difficulty vs. control ratios, and such) for every deck you've built.

In the coming weeks, we plan on adding a blog to the site, with news both in English and French.

One of the major goals of this database is to provide a French translation of cards for players who have trouble with English wordings. We'll begin with Red Horizon (a few cards are already translated, just click on the "FR" button at the top of the search engine to view the French text), then move on to Tides, Shadowar, and finally the Soulcalibur and Tekken series.

Please try our database and let us know what you think !
    Last edited by Vanguard; 03-22-2012 at 05:50 AM.

DalaiLama thank you so much!! I have been trying to acclimate myself with the four years of cards I missed and it was taking FOREVER on essentialtcg! Not to mention that there were no promos listed on that site. You are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by beeLigerent View Post
    DalaiLama thank you so much!! I have been trying to acclimate myself with the four years of cards I missed and it was taking FOREVER on essentialtcg! Not to mention that there were no promos listed on that site. You are amazing!
    yeah and that its just a pain to use and almost no pictures
    UFS Canadian National/Legacy World/Team National Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Matt Kohls)/Team World Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Aj Murray)
    My Trades List http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...1518#post41518
    I am a Warlock assassin sent from the Vatican just like Charlie Sheen
    Here's a napkin, clean yourself off

THANK YOU!!!!! this is soo much easier than trying to look through my collection folder and will help most of the players in my area improve as they will actually be able to see the entire format without having to use a variety of different methods
    I've won some things and I've lost some things.

Thanks for the motivation guys, i'm glad to help the community
    For information, you can report error on cards and create deck only if you have an account (just a login and a password).
    And if you wanna know what a deck look like, you can see this one for example :
    http://www.ufsultra.com/deck.php?dec...cjiZEBmNWwIdkX

UFS Online Forum Moderator
    You typed out all that carddata yourself? must have taken forever, well done.
    Also a bug, if you select a set from your dropdown, you cant go back to looking for cards in all sets unless you highlight every option in it which is a pain

Ctrl + click on the set you want to unselect

Really well done. Is this all just JavaScript?
    The infinite hype machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLDrew View Post
    Ya'll should be Team Emotional Rollercoaster. Thomas is super hype about everything, Syclic is super sad about everything, and Trips just says whatever the hell he is thinking.
    Trades

This is extremely well done! Thank you so much for doing it.

Three requests for future enhancement are to add:

1. Format search (standard, legacy)
    2. Character card data - HS, blood type, gender, etc. - sometimes formats like "girls only" are run. So this would be helpful
    3. Shuriken point

All in all - truly wonderful work.

BTW - how difficult would it be to transfer this to iPad or Android tablet format?

Quote Originally Posted by FenMiHuo View Post
    You typed out all that carddata yourself? must have taken forever, well done.
    Also a bug, if you select a set from your dropdown, you cant go back to looking for cards in all sets unless you highlight every option in it which is a pain
    We used the OCTGN card base for the first import, then we modify some errors and add all the recents cards by ourselves (ToV and new promos).

Quote Originally Posted by Halbard100 View Post
    Really well done. Is this all just JavaScript?
    Well it's HTML / CSS mainly, but all the actions (like the search button, add cards in deck, etc) use jQuery (so JavaScript yes).

Quote Originally Posted by dwolf52000 View Post
    This is extremely well done! Thank you so much for doing it.

Three requests for future enhancement are to add:

1. Format search (standard, legacy)
    2. Character card data - HS, blood type, gender, etc. - sometimes formats like "girls only" are run. So this would be helpful
    3. Shuriken point

All in all - truly wonderful work.

BTW - how difficult would it be to transfer this to iPad or Android tablet format?
    You can already search with the format filter, it's the 3rd criteria
    The tranfer to tablets won't be difficult, the main problem is that we don't have one for testing