Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A New Side Event at GenCon! (Get Ready)

Can we join up after Thursday?
    "The whole American Champion thing seems petty. I should aim even higher." - Ken Masters

2009 US National Champion, 2009 US Teams 2nd, Top 8 2009 CanNats, 1st Place Rochester Regional, T8 at a couple AoPs and FoPs.

You can join after Thursday, and we are still trying to decide if we want to do both side events or just this one.

We played this for one of the stops of the NYSC and it was a good bit of fun. This format legitimately plays differently than normal UFS, due to the old horseshoes and hand grenades thing - a close loss in normal standard is just a loss, whereas here dying but bringing the opponent down to single digits in the process can be almost as good as winning, a fact that has implications on both offense and defense and even deckbuilding.

Love this format. In normal UFS, there's a big incentive to go for the 'one big turn' kills, because reversals, KWTT, etc can be so nasty. But in this format, being able to do 5 damage on turn 2 (consistently) is almost as crucial as being able to do 20 damage on turn 6.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    If you win the game, you ... may start with 1 card in your momentum taken from the top of your deck before the Combat Phase begins.
    hahahaha flavor win

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    If a player runs out of cards in their deck during a game, that is considered being reduced to 0 vitality.
    This doesn't replace the normal cycling rule, right?
    http://i.imgur.com/nxMBqb4.gifv

To edit a post, click Edit Post (brings up the Quick Edit thing over your post - ignore it), then click Edit Post again (this takes you to the detailed post page, where your edit can actually save)

Living Game Rules document v03.txt, because maybe you want to search through it?

Indeed. This sounds tasty. I must recede into my deck building cave now. I shall return more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
    The infinite hype machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLDrew View Post
    Ya'll should be Team Emotional Rollercoaster. Thomas is super hype about everything, Syclic is super sad about everything, and Trips just says whatever the hell he is thinking.
    Trades

Quote Originally Posted by wafflecopter View Post
    Love this format. In normal UFS, there's a big incentive to go for the 'one big turn' kills, because reversals, KWTT, etc can be so nasty. But in this format, being able to do 5 damage on turn 2 (consistently) is almost as crucial as being able to do 20 damage on turn 6.

hahahaha flavor win

This doesn't replace the normal cycling rule, right?
    I think it just means all cards removed
    UFS Canadian National/Legacy World/Team National Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Matt Kohls)/Team World Champion (Garett Brett, Kirk Polka, & Aj Murray)
    My Trades List http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/...1518#post41518
    I am a Warlock assassin sent from the Vatican just like Charlie Sheen
    Here's a napkin, clean yourself off

Question: Lets say I deck myself rule four (If a player runs out of cards in their deck during a game, that is considered being reduced to 0 vitality.) triggers. But rule 2 says (If your last character was reduced to 0 vitality, you may side into a new character that has not been reduced to 0 vitality. You must keep track of the ending vitality for every character on your team until you win the match, or until all of your characters have been reduced to 0 vitality.)

Does this mean my Character that decks himself still has vitality left and can be brought back later or are they actually reduced to 0 vitality and thus out of the game?

Question - I would like to get in on this. How do side events work exactly?

The Decking/Milling rule applies exactly as normal if you are out of cards in your deck and can't cycle more in, you lose (or in KoF, your character is permanently reduced to 0 vitality.)

You cannot bring a character back that is at 0 vitality and losing by mill will cause this.

@dwolf52000 - You can sign up for the side events at any time during the convention. On Sunday we will take the two best records with the most wins vs. losses and face them off to see who will be the King of Fighters!

So...just asking...but, if one were going to run The Angels...does that count as TWO characters (Allahra, Syrithe?) or THREE (Allahra, Syrithe, and Omnom?)?
    "Music is not trying to be a formula every time, y'know? It's not a conveyor-belt. It's an expression of a moment in time." -- Maxwell, VH1 Storytellers.

On good days, I win more than I lose.