Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dutpotd’s 2012 Worlds Report – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd/4th

Regular Member generalreaction2.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dutpotd View Post
    Looking back on the weekend my only losses were to Dhalsim and Tira in Legacy, and Angels and Truong in Standard. So your best bet is to PLAY LEGACY and play like the amazing Keenan/Wag do at that, OR play characters that are obviously busted.

ps. everyone should play legacy, I want 25+ next year. Foundations people! Let me know if you need me to build you a deck
    build me a deck and i will play that format.
    2016 US Nationals Teams Champion (Team Caught Rod Handed)

2015 Worlds Standard Singles Top 16
    2015 US Nationals Standard Singles Top 16
    2015 US Nationals Teams Top 8
    2014 Worlds Standard Singles Top 8 (I think i got 6th?)
    2014 Worlds Teams Swiss Champs and Top 8
    2012 Worlds Standard Top 16
    2012 Worlds Teams 3rd Place
    2011 Worlds Standard Top 8

I'll be more active in legacy now. I would like to do the hat trick of Char Foundation Asset.
    So YEA.
    Viva La Huitzil!
    "Vegas is for drinking, not blocking."

Quote Originally Posted by Nfxon View Post
    I'll be more active in legacy now. I would like to do the hat trick of Char Foundation Asset.
    So YEA.
    Gonna be good competition then Looking forward to playing Legacy against more great opponents like you Ben!
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

I am sorta curious about the Dual Symbol Bittner deck you mentioned in your report. Would you be willing to share it or keep it for a rainy day?
    Godlike at ripping the triple rain flush turn 2

Quote Originally Posted by Skull_Knight View Post
    I am sorta curious about the Dual Symbol Bittner deck you mentioned in your report. Would you be willing to share it or keep it for a rainy day?
    It's Evil Death, the Splash is primarily to access Cursed Blood. There are alot of Death/Evil Cards so it helps, or the Cursed can be played down with the response. It's actually a really fun deck as it strives to make attacks unblockable with 'Too Fast For You' after stacking the opponents deck

Obviously there are more interactions with the UFS House asset as well. Responding to blocking or playing Showdown comes to mind.

Maybe I'll get around to posting it.

Poppa G! Thanks for the props man, all of that right back at you to boot - you always challenge me to step up my game and play outside the UFS 'norm', and it's nice to hear it goes both ways! Epic IRC strategy conversations abounded all season, hopefully that'll continue - I can't wait to tackle the standard format with fresh eyes and a new mindset now that most of the main offenders have gotten worked over with a rusty pipe and pair of pruning shears.

Looking forward to breaking UFS wide open one more time, be ready for a rematch at Nats! Maybe by that time Nakoruru will be banned and you'll actually have to figure out some new horrendous Good character to beast on people with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Looking forward to breaking UFS wide open one more time, be ready for a rematch at Nats! Maybe by that time Nakoruru will be banned and you'll actually have to figure out some new horrendous Good character to beast on people with.
    There are a couple I like. Actually the one I used in my first Legacy competition ever, at US Nats 2010 - 3rd place, would be one of my top choices. She has a built in Fight or Flight (almost)!