Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any updates from Nats?

Just as a note, the top cuts *were* run concurrently, as much as they could be anyway. The first round of legacy was even dealt with the night before, except for Scott/Steven due to all the confusions and then Steven was just dqd come 8:15 / 8:20 But even so, with Garett and I in all three cuts and not having clones, the one legacy semifinal taking forever due to the decks and a rules debate, and the standard top 8 including a good wall mirror between the 3 and 6 seed that we had to wait on to know the next matchups, it didn't work out by 5pm when Garett had to go get his plane.

Which really was the whole problem IMO - having all the cuts of the final day, whilst hype-worthy, was crazy, especially when it's fairly likely that you'd duplicate players in those cuts (I can't be bothered to do the Math, I'm on holiday this week!)

Teams certainly, and probably Legacy, should've been run on the same day. We had the same number of teams for our UK Nats, and did that in a day (I know, I was in the final!)

Kev
    Official Rules-Arbiter
    UK Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Kor'rin View Post
    Which really was the whole problem IMO - having all the cuts of the final day, whilst hype-worthy, was crazy, especially when it's fairly likely that you'd duplicate players in those cuts (I can't be bothered to do the Math, I'm on holiday this week!)

Teams certainly, and probably Legacy, should've been run on the same day. We had the same number of teams for our UK Nats, and did that in a day (I know, I was in the final!)

Kev
    The problem WAS supposed to be addressed by people playing their Legacy matches sooner than Sunday. I played my first one during lunch break on Saturday in between round 2 and 3 of Swiss.

The issue is that players did not have their decks ready? Or weren't successful with their tries to get things together and play these games then. If all we had was one Legacy game to play Sunday morning, the finals, and right at 8am. We would have been fine.

Just saying attempts were made to address the multiple top cuts in one day thing, but were ultimately usuccesful.
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

Since this has become the primary US nats page I can update people that I will be arriving in Hartford at 203pm to play against Tim for the US nats singles final. I understand we will be going to his local store (I get to meet some new faces!) and will probably be playing the match between the hours of 4pm (I want to eat after landing) and 9pm or whatever.

Tim will post an official announcement thread once he arranges with his store but I understand it is in Massachusets.
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

Quote Originally Posted by dutpotd View Post
    The problem WAS supposed to be addressed by people playing their Legacy matches sooner than Sunday. I played my first one during lunch break on Saturday in between round 2 and 3 of Swiss.

The issue is that players did not have their decks ready? Or weren't successful with their tries to get things together and play these games then. If all we had was one Legacy game to play Sunday morning, the finals, and right at 8am. We would have been fine.

Just saying attempts were made to address the multiple top cuts in one day thing, but were ultimately usuccesful.
    That's good to know, and I think frankly you're the one that's been affected by it the most as you've got to travel back for the final.

Just a shame that what was a great (by all accounts) event was marred by a few timing issues, but as has already been said, that seems to be Jasco's MO at major events
    Official Rules-Arbiter
    UK Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Kor'rin View Post
    That's good to know, and I think frankly you're the one that's been affected by it the most as you've got to travel back for the final.

Just a shame that what was a great (by all accounts) event was marred by a few timing issues, but as has already been said, that seems to be Jasco's MO at major events
    Timing issues have been Jasco's MO in everything, lmfao
    ~Learn your rules, you better learn your rules,
    If you don't, you'll be eaten in your sleep~

Arkansas Regionals 2012 Top 8
    Arkansas PTC 2013 Top 4
    Arkansas PTC 2017 Champ

Now my question is what if anything from KOF got spoiled at Nats?
    There are no words for a Rider Kick. Just an EXPLOSION OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE!
    Owner and Operator of Total Justice Gaming: The first UFS fan site to bring you deck profiles and interviews from both champs and new players!

http://totaljusticegaming.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rider kick View Post
    Good question, and one I'd love to hear the answer to!
    Official Rules-Arbiter
    UK Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Rider kick View Post
    Many things were spoiled, but in no official capacity. For the most part it was a lot of fantastic art from the character cards seen through Jason's iPhone. The abilities were either absent, or too small/long to read. If all else fails, KOF will be friggin' gorgeous.
    Updated 7/21 - VaporGecko's Trade Thread

2015 PTC - Scott's Valley - Vicarious Champion - Skull Man1 piloted by Sal Mazzurco
    2015 PTC - Scott's Valley - Top 8 - Pharaoh Man1
    2014 US Nats - Singles - Top 8 - K'1
    2014 US Nats - Teams - Top 8 - K'1
    2013 PTC - Scott's Valley - Top 4 - Nina Williams1
    2013 US Nats - Singles - Top 8 - Lu Chen2
    2013 US Nats - Teams - 2nd Place - Kazuya1
    2012 PTC - Scott's Valley - 2nd Place - Lu Chen2

As long as the Joe artwork is awesome, I'm good.
    There are no words for a Rider Kick. Just an EXPLOSION OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE!
    Owner and Operator of Total Justice Gaming: The first UFS fan site to bring you deck profiles and interviews from both champs and new players!

http://totaljusticegaming.blogspot.com