Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rwby

Got bored today, and after talking about design I decided to come back to this idea of mine. These ideas are all pretty rough, but thought i'd post the support I came up with for Ruby.

Ruby

7 HS
    18 Vitality

Air Chaos Good

You may destroy foundations in your staging area to pay for the multiple costs on your weapon attacks.

E Commit 2 foundations: Your Weapon attack of difficulty 4 or less gets Multiple: 1.

Crescent Rose
    Asset
    2/5
    Weapon
    +2 Low Block
    Air Chaos Good

E Flip: Your Weapon attack of difficulty 4 gets Multiple 1. Playable while committed.

R Commit: After you make a control check to play an attack, that check gets +2

Red Like Roses
    Action
    Air Chaos Good
    2/4

R Remove: After your multiple copy deals damage, discard it from your card pool.

R Remove, discard 1 momentum: After your opponent plays a keyword ability, cancel its effects.

Weapon Nerd
    Foundation
    1/5
    Air Chaos Good
    +3 mid block

R Destroy: After your attack deals damage, your next attack gets +1 to its check. Playable only while commited.

RWBY's Leader
    Foundation
    2/5
    Air Chaos Good
    +3 low block
    E: Your attack gets +1 damage for each multiple copy in your card pool.
    R Flip: After your opponent plays a reversal, discard 1 attack from your card pool.

Gifted Child
    Foundation
    2/5
    Air Chaos Good
    E (4+): Your Weapon attack gets +1 damage
    When this foundation is destroyed as a cost, add the top card of your deck to your staging area. Remove that foundation from the game at the end of turn.

Attacks:
    Weapon Ranged attack
    4/2
    4 Speed high
    4 Damage
    +1 mid block
    Air Chaos Good
    Ranged Weapon Multiple 1

E: If this attack deals damage, your next attack of 4 difficulty or less you play gets Multiple 1.

Weapon Attack 1
    4/3
    3 speed low
    4 damage
    +2 high block
    Air Chaos Good
    Weapon Combo (high attack)

Combo E: This attack gets +2 damage for each multiple copy in your card pool.

Weapon Attack 2
    3/3
    2 speed high
    3 damage
    Air Chaos Good
    Safe Weapon

E: If this attack deals damage, discard up to 1 multiple attack in your card pool.

This would be a fun license for Jasco to get for sure!

I can easily say I'd buy a few rwby tins for a short release.
    My YouTube channel with videos for new players.
    New vids are like... 2 a year cause I'm lazy

Yang should be something like
    6h 29v
    While this card is committed your punch attacks gain the ranged keyword and your ranged attacks gain the punch keyword.
    E lose 2 vitality: Your punch attack gains +2 Speed.
    Desperation E: Your ranged attack gains +2 damage. You may destroy a foundation to play this enhance while committed.
    R Commit: After an unblocked attack deals damage, your next control check this turn gets +2.

Then again, thats a lot of plus 2's. Tried to balance it similar to Iori. Meh.

I actually disagree on turning ranged attacks into punches (punches gaining ranged makes sense given her gauntlets at least) and the destroying her own stuff seems odd for her. Granting a Punch the ranged keyword should either be a static or a cost free enhance I think but here's how I'd make her:

Yang Xiao Long
    HS: 6
    Vitality: 29
    Symbols: Chaos, Earth, Fire

All of your Punch attacks gain the Ranged keyword.
    E: Commit; if your attack is blocked, your opponent loses X vitality. X is equal to the printed damage of that attack.
    Desperation E: Your punch attack gets +2 damage and +2 speed.

Chaos seems the main desperation symbol right now and she's certainly better after getting beat up a bunch. The desperation E is compared to Mature's as less damage, more speed, and a punch restriction.

oh hey, people are talking on my thread again . I'm going to eventually post more ideas here, especially after finally catching up and watching Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    I actually disagree on turning ranged attacks into punches (punches gaining ranged makes sense given her gauntlets at least) and the destroying her own stuff seems odd for her.
    I think the idea is that not only does she unleash bullets via punches but she also unleashes flying punches by firing off projectiles and using the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    The desperation E is compared to Mature's as less damage, more speed, and a punch restriction.
    It's also harder to self-trigger though, making her much less of a rush character. Probably a good thing, mind.
    Here's my take:

••Yang••
    Vitality: 28
    Symbols: Chaos, Earth, Fire
    Put a kindle token on this card during your opponent's end phase if you were dealt damage by an attack.
    E, Discard a ranged card: your punch attack gains +X damage and the ranged keyword. X equals the number of kindle tokens on this card.

I feel the teams should be like the kof teams and share one or two symbols and possibly a mechanic. So we can go with chaos and good for team RWBY. ruby gets air, yang fire, blake void, and weiss water. Also use a discarding mechanic for the team. So ruby would discard a card instead of tap two foundations for her E.

Here is my take on Yang
    Yang
    HS:5
    Vit: 35
    Symbols: Chaos, Fire, Good
    E, Discard a card: Your attack gains +X speed and +X damage. X equals the amount of Vitality this character has lost this game divided by five (rounded down). {This probably needs to be reworded but you get the the idea.}
    F, Discard your hand {or other heavy cost}: You may attempt to play an attack in your card pool, following all restrictions and paying all costs. If you successfully play the attack, Draw a card. (Once per turn)

This shows her getting stronger as she gets hurt and that she always has that one last attack. Five hand size makes the E really expensive before the kill turn and gives her the vitality needed to make it scary, if you get her low enough.

Weiss
    Vitality: 24-26
    Symbols: Chaos Good Water
    R, Discard a card: After you block with a reversal attack you may attempt to play that attack as a reversal.
    R, commit: After you check to play a block or play an attack as a reversal, the check gets +X. X equals the number of attacks in your card pool.

Weiss is shown several times in the series having strong defenses and turning defense into offense in an instant. Feel free to pick apart the second ability.

Blake
    HS:6
    Vitality:20
    Symbols:Chaos Good Void
    If you review a character named Blake you may draw an extra card during your draw step.
    E, commit a foundation: If you block with a character card with the same name as this card discard it from the card pool, the blocked attack deals no damage and your opponent may discard it from there card pool.
    First F, discard a momentum, discard a card: Add a character with the same name as this card from your discard pile to your hand.

Blake uses shadow clones to take hits for her, this might be a bit powerful but having the life of a seven hander should make her still killable.

While I kind of like the symbol overlap idea, I feel that maybe only sharing Good would be fine since each team is 4 members instead of 3 and because I feel that if Yang is to play a low vitality punch expert, the All symbol is practically mandatory to do it up well (yes good covers a lot but the all symbol goes hand in hand with it for good bunch builds and card draw for a low hand size character) as for the E, I really like it and low hand size *should* offset the potential +6/+6 she could get if her vitality is 1-5 and yet leaving her low suddenly becomes a huge threat if she manages to draw into a valiant assault combo. The ability to freely replay any attack in her card pool should cost 1-2 momentum I think because if it was ‘discard hand’ she’d have a literally infinite attack string by playing 1 punch, combo valiant, re-play valiant infinitely for a 5 check. So it should be either 2 momentum, or maybe 1 momentum and once per turn.

I also feel like Weiss would have Order, just given her style and form, and that discarding a card to do what Eligor is doing for free seems overcosted to me, even if she can potentially to do it more than once per turn but in that case I feel she is better off as a 7 HS since it seems to better suit the rapid light fighter theme. I think if her commit boosts her reversal check, it should also boost the speed and damage by the cards in her pool (not just checks so she can defend against flood decks maybe) as well not just the check, similar to Kyo* but better since it’s harder to abuse than stacking momentum all game (I beat someone using Kyo* and threw out a 19 speed; 62 damage Oniyaki once)

Blake is a 6 HS with a 7HS vitality and only because she can recur ophidiophobia on a +0 mid block card for momentum. She effectively has nothing built in besides her semblance here and it’s a bit interesting to make a 7 HS that’s harder to kill, but at the same time they don’t have that extra card or ohphidiophobia itself (she does have leaf shield on void though) so it creates a rather interesting gameplay depending on when/if she manages to get extra Blake copies in hand or not but even then I’m not really sure where to rate this practically speaking.

Just getting into the game, so as far as their effects/abilities I can't really help..but now we currently have a better idea of the characters and definitely think that RWBY would be an amazing addition to the game.
    I imagine rooster teeth being really cool and all for it, we can only hope