Thread: Hey Jasco Games - please add at least one pledge level for overseas gamers !

Hey Jasco Games - please add at least one pledge level for overseas gamers !

We really want to support your Megaman board game project on Kickstarter...

But there isn't a single pledge level that may be shipped to Europe...

Please do something !

(or maybe it's more of a licensing problem ? No rights for Megaman outside the U.S. ? That would be a shame...)

At the bottom of the Kickstart page it reads:

Because this is a licensed product, our contract with Capcom limits us to sales in North America only. If you live outside of North America, we will not be able to ship pledged items to you.

If we reach enough funding, we will discuss extending our licensed territory with Capcom. You may still purchase the Mega Man Supporter pledge level to get updates and news. Backers that live in North America but outside of the United States must add the specified cost for shipping to their pledges.
    "No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin Chin."

I like not reading disclaimers in small letters at the bottom of web pages...

Quote Originally Posted by dutpotd View Post
    At the bottom of the Kickstart page it reads:

Because this is a licensed product, our contract with Capcom limits us to sales in North America only. If you live outside of North America, we will not be able to ship pledged items to you.
    *rant* why jason agreed to that in the first place is beyond me and is BullS*** especially for those across the pond who want the games... them having to go thru secondary markets is just wrong and not that healthy for the game imho *end rant*

N.J.
    NJ Spade sole survivor of the Card Gaming Dynasty known as Cookeville Corp.

Writer of Articles for TCO and Jasco Games for UFS

Achievements
    2006: 3rd place Nashville-Franklin FoP(Life X***); 2007: 18th place Murfreesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2008: 5th place(2nd thru swiss) Middlesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2009: 28th place SEC @ MTAC Mt. Juliet(Life Yuri)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I like not reading disclaimers in small letters at the bottom of web pages...
    Same. Pretty much why I put it here for you and others lol, god knows I only read it because I live in Canada and had to jump through hoops (bounce around the page) to figure out I could order and still receive as long as I pay more for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBrock22 View Post
    *rant* why jason agreed to that in the first place is beyond me and is BullS*** especially for those across the pond who want the games... them having to go thru secondary markets is just wrong and not that healthy for the game imho *end rant*

N.J.
    We don't really know the details do we. Perhaps he didn't have a choice? - was only offered NA license. Perhaps the cost of a license for overseas was too much given the anticipated benefit?

By the looks of it, the kickstarter will be successful... And probably sooner than mid-Jan... Maybe that will lead to expanding the licensed territory

oh don't take what i said the wrong way, i also want the board game to succeed... here's hoping that we eventually get an X series also... since i'm more of an X fan than a classic fan...

N.J.
    NJ Spade sole survivor of the Card Gaming Dynasty known as Cookeville Corp.

Writer of Articles for TCO and Jasco Games for UFS

Achievements
    2006: 3rd place Nashville-Franklin FoP(Life X***); 2007: 18th place Murfreesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2008: 5th place(2nd thru swiss) Middlesboro AOP(Fire Athena2); 2009: 28th place SEC @ MTAC Mt. Juliet(Life Yuri)

We are working on letting Europeans pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by JascoGames View Post
    We are working on letting Europeans pledge.
    Yeaah !! Awesome news !
    Keep up the great work JascoGames !