Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Mega Man The Board Game (Coming Thursday to Kickstarter)

  1. #1

    Exclamation Mega Man The Board Game (Coming Thursday to Kickstarter)

    Hello everyone!

    Mega Man the board game will be hitting kickstarter on Thursday the 12th at noon Central Time.

    We are calling upon all of our fans to go out and help us spread the word! Please go post on 3-4 gaming forums and blogs and share the news about the board game.

    If we can get the entire UFS community to do this, we will have thousands of posts and a huge reach to promote the game!

    Most importantly, visit our boardgamegeek.com page (when it goes live tomorrow) and help push that page to the number 1 spot. If we show up on the home page we increase our reach by tens of thousands of views!

    Thank you all, in the mean time, if you haven't already liked us:

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

    Thank you all for your support!

  2. #2
    Member SuperMetalerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Stockton, CA USA
    Posts
    138
    I like Jasco Games, and I will support you in anything but this, Mega Man fans are so ungraceful(Talking trash of capcom all the time). Also I read several comments in other websites making fun of this board game saying we don't get real game except a board game, and other stuff ect.. They don't deserve anything. Mega Man fans worst fans ever, I don't even like Megaman only reason I tolerate Mega Man is because of capcom. I would support anything else from you except for Mega Man products. If this product wasn't based on Mega Man, I would totally support you. At the end I want you guys & girls at Jasco to do well finacially.
    I am the trouble maker UFS player.
    Larga vida a Jasco Games.

  3. #3
    Scout Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Limoges, France
    Posts
    575
    Megaman is awesome. UFS is awesome. Board games are cool. Collectible card games are cool. Jasco Games rules.

    Where's the problem ?

  4. #4
    Member SuperMetalerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Stockton, CA USA
    Posts
    138
    Simple Mega Man franchise and it's fans.
    I am the trouble maker UFS player.
    Larga vida a Jasco Games.

  5. #5
    Senior Member RockStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,181
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMetalerox View Post
    Simple Mega Man franchise and it's fans.
    Of which there are a number of awesome and friendly ufs players who are also MM fans. Not sure if you've fully thought about the implications and the dire necessity for Jasco to really move A LOT of units of this board game. I don't have the inside track or anything, but it doesn't take a genius to connect the dots and see that if this community really wants Street Fighter back in UFS, then doing exceptionally well with MM is an absolute perquisite!
    "Music is not trying to be a formula every time, y'know? It's not a conveyor-belt. It's an expression of a moment in time." -- Maxwell, VH1 Storytellers.

    On good days, I win more than I lose.

  6. #6
    Member SuperMetalerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Stockton, CA USA
    Posts
    138
    RockStar
    As someone who knows about Capcom and its franchises in almost all senses let me tell you this.
    This MegaMan project will be successful without Jasco telling us to spread the word out. Why because as someone shops anything that has the capcom logo on it I buy it, reason why I am here in the first place. Yes I am crazy but Mega Man fans are crazier do you know how hard is to win an ebay auction of MegaMan item almost mission impossible and the quantity they are willing to pay for it. Yes they buy anything that has MegaMan, even things that are not megaman just because its like MegaMan - Mighty 9/ just because they were mad at capcom because there were not new games, game cancellations ect. My guess to why Jasco is making game is to make revenue they know that potential of purchase of MegaMan fans. See the Jasco facebook page very few likes see the megaman boardgame page has thousands of likes. MegaMans fans know everything there is to know, I didn't knew about kickstarter until mighty 9 do you really think megaman fans don't know about it, Mighty 9 is an example, most of the people who backed that project are or were Mega Man fans, I didn't backed that project because I knew they didn't need my help. Street Fighter doesn't need the MegaMan board game to comeback. If the king of fighters return who is a lesser known franchise in USA, Why not Street fighter who’s is better known and more profitable? Unless Capcom wants a lot more money for the licensed which I don't think so although Capcom is having financial problems. Only god and Jasco Games know why there is not a street fighter license. As to why I don’t like most Mega Man fans is because they trash talk of Capcom and can’t stand that. I never like the Mega Man franchise because to me is childish, silly and boring, I like protoman because he is cool but does about it, and I am not calling Capcom names and backstabbing Capcom funding projects like Mighty 9. Mega Mans fans think they have suffer game cancellations that Capcom makes fun of Mega Man by putting a fat version of him SFxT, This board game. Do they think that’s suffering they don’t know whats real suffering is. They don’t know what is like to wait a decade for fighting game sequels. All the time that Capcom didn’t released a fighting game except for Fighting evolution and the compilations that weren’t new games. Mega Mans don’t know nothing and never will.
    I am the trouble maker UFS player.
    Larga vida a Jasco Games.

  7. #7
    Scout Nubian God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denton, Tx
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMetalerox View Post
    RockStar
    As someone who knows about Capcom and its franchises in almost all senses let me tell you this.
    This MegaMan project will be successful without Jasco telling us to spread the word out. Why because as someone shops anything that has the capcom logo on it I buy it, reason why I am here in the first place. Yes I am crazy but Mega Man fans are crazier do you know how hard is to win an ebay auction of MegaMan item almost mission impossible and the quantity they are willing to pay for it. Yes they buy anything that has MegaMan, even things that are not megaman just because its like MegaMan - Mighty 9/ just because they were mad at capcom because there were not new games, game cancellations ect. My guess to why Jasco is making game is to make revenue they know that potential of purchase of MegaMan fans. See the Jasco facebook page very few likes see the megaman boardgame page has thousands of likes. MegaMans fans know everything there is to know, I didn't knew about kickstarter until mighty 9 do you really think megaman fans don't know about it, Mighty 9 is an example, most of the people who backed that project are or were Mega Man fans, I didn't backed that project because I knew they didn't need my help. Street Fighter doesn't need the MegaMan board game to comeback. If the king of fighters return who is a lesser known franchise in USA, Why not Street fighter who’s is better known and more profitable? Unless Capcom wants a lot more money for the licensed which I don't think so although Capcom is having financial problems. Only god and Jasco Games know why there is not a street fighter license. As to why I don’t like most Mega Man fans is because they trash talk of Capcom and can’t stand that. I never like the Mega Man franchise because to me is childish, silly and boring, I like protoman because he is cool but does about it, and I am not calling Capcom names and backstabbing Capcom funding projects like Mighty 9. Mega Mans fans think they have suffer game cancellations that Capcom makes fun of Mega Man by putting a fat version of him SFxT, This board game. Do they think that’s suffering they don’t know nothing. They don’t know what is like to wait a decade for fighting game sequels. All the time that Capcom didn’t released a fighting game except for Fighting evolution and the compilations that weren’t new games. Mega Mans don’t know nothing and will.
    I'd imagine the reason JascoGames doesn't have the Street Fighter license is because of the Deck-building Game they have in the works. Then again, I don't know if giving Jasco the license for UFS would be a conflict or not, but that'd be my guess.

    Also, it seems like people are quicker to express their disdain than it is for people to praise (one of the things the service industry has taught me). Anything that you see on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't the minority (if not VERY vocal, but it is the internet).

  8. #8
    dont care about MegaMan fans being dicks, this boardgame is under the umbrella that houses UFS its a newish company seeking to make a bigger mark on the industry and i will support that with my dying breath...

  9. #9
    Senior Member Doji_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
    dont care about MegaMan fans being dicks, this boardgame is under the umbrella that houses UFS its a newish company seeking to make a bigger mark on the industry and i will support that with my dying breath...
    This x1000, if the boardgame succeeds it means they can put more money into things that UFS so direly needs e.g. Advertising.
    2011 UK Team National Champion
    2012 UK National Champion
    2012 UK Team National Champion
    2015 UK Extended National Champion
    2016 UK Team National Champion
    2017 UK Team National Champion

    Just a washed up scrub who has to be dragged to victory these days...

  10. #10
    Senior Member RockStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Doji_Mike View Post
    This x1000, if the boardgame succeeds it means they can put more money into things that UFS so direly needs e.g. Advertising.
    Really, this was the point I was trying to convey, and why I will be supporting Jasco in this venture.
    "Music is not trying to be a formula every time, y'know? It's not a conveyor-belt. It's an expression of a moment in time." -- Maxwell, VH1 Storytellers.

    On good days, I win more than I lose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO