Thread: UFS Playable in your browser?

Question UFS Playable in your browser?

Hi community members.

Some year ago I talked with Steven Nguyen from Jasco about permission to create an online webbased UFS player and was granted permissions to use all artwork and resources that I could find relating to UFS online but they did not have the resources to help me any further.

The first step towards a functional online UFS game is a solid card database, so I started building a website to do most of what ufsultra was doing but storing the card information on my own system and in a slightly different format that's more suitable for implementing the game, then I got distracted and built a card collection website to showcase my card collection and after that I somehow lost interest for a while and things stopped there.

Now I find myself motivated to pick this up and keep going again and will work on finishing the card database and collection manager first, and I might give it another try to implement the actual game again.

However, I seem to be having a hard time finding people who are actively playing UFS and willing to try things and supply me feedback, and without feedback any project is doomed to fail.

I know that most who want to play UFS online can probably do so using OCTGN but I couldnt get it working last time I tried and I would much prefer to lower the barrier of entry and have a purely webbased game.

So far, as I said above, I've managed to make a half-decent card database at http://search.ufs-cards.com/ and a slightly bad card collection manager at http://manage.ufs-cards.com/.

I need feedback in order to achieve a good design and I need feedback in order to stay motivated, so this is me asking the community:

Would you be willing to try and use my tools and services on http://www.ufs-cards.com/ and supply me feedback so that I can learn what I do good and what I do bad and maybe, just maybe, get on with actually implementing the game?

Question about the Card Collection Manager is this feature for keeping track of whats on you collection and whats missing?
    I would suggest that it will be nice to have cards display by set in black and white and everytime you get or add cards to your collection mark then and turn on color.
    I am the trouble maker UFS player.
    Larga vida a Jasco Games.

"Question about the Card Collection Manager is this feature for keeping track of whats on you collection and whats missing?"

I originally made the collection manager to showcase my collection to others, it currently does not have features to inform you on what is missing.

"I would suggest that it will be nice to have cards display by set in black and white and everytime you get or add cards to your collection mark then and turn on color. "

Currently when you add a card to a set it shows the content of the set and highlights the added card. Could you clarify your statement a bit? I'm not sure how to interpret it.

For anyone that might be interested I'm hanging out in the webchat as well as checking this thread every now and then.

I won't have time till after nats but when I get back from it I'll give your stuff a look and give you some feed back

When you get time, come to the webchat, I'll be there most times of the day.

Due to lack of interest I'm putting this project back on ice again.
    The card search should be working just fine and just missing a few promo cards atm and can be automatically updated from the OCTGN data files when they get updated.

I'll probably come back and look at this again at some point, but for now I'll just leave it be.
    Useful websites: E-commit | ufs-cards | ufsultra | webchat