UFS Turbo is a format geared towards newer players and veterans alike. Compared to the Standard format, players do not need as many cards to play Turbo and the format always consists of the latest four sets. Deck construction notes are listed on below.
1) Turbo Tournaments
- Players will play 60 minute Swiss rounds determined by the number of entrants as per the Swiss Tournament Schedule. Swiss rounds will be decided by a best of three game series. The tournament will be cut to single elimination as per the Swiss Tournament Schedule. Elimination rounds are untimed.
- Swiss Round Schedule
- 8-16 Players = 4 Rounds
- 17-32 Players = 5 Rounds
- 33-64 Players = 6 Rounds
- 65-128 Players = 7 Rounds
- 129-256 Players = 8 Rounds
- 257+ Players = 9 Rounds
- Elimination Rounds
- 9-16 Players = Cut to Top 4
- 17-64 Players = Cut to Top 8
- 65+ Players = Cut to top 16
- The Diversity Rule is not enforced in Turbo tournaments.
2) Deck Construction
- Decks must be exactly 41 cards (40 main deck + 1 Starting Character)
- Up to 4 copies of any card
- No sideboard
- Only cards with the following watermarks are legal in Turbo. In addition, only cards from their respective sets can be played. This means that no champion cards or promo cards are allowed in Turbo with the exception of Box Toppers.
- Tri-Swords (RH03 Red Horizon: Blood Omen, cards 1 – 162 and P 1 *** Nehtali ***)
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary (SF01 Street Fighter, cards 1 – 189)
- Cowboy Bebop (CB01 Cowboy Bebop, cards 1-145)
- Mortal Kombat X Dragon (MKX01 Mortal Kombat X, cards 1-189)
Turbo Banned List:
Quan Chi – Mortal Kombat X #109
Twinkle Murdock – Cowboy Bebop #109
Sturmwaffe – Red Horizon Blood Omen #44
**Zoey** – Red Horizon Blood Omen #109
– Players may use older versions of cards that were reprinted with the above watermarks, as long as they have the same name and function the same as the most recent printed version.
3) Turbo Game Rules
- At the start of the game, each player may elect to take a mulligan.
- The player going first may choose to put all cards in their hand on the bottom of their deck and then draw back up to their starting hand size.
- The player going second may take a “Turbo Mulligan”
- Turbo Mulligan– Choose any number of cards from your hand and put those cards on the bottom of your deck. Draw back up to your starting hand size.
- After both players complete the mulligan, each player that took a mulligan shuffles their deck. Their opponent has the option to cut their deck once shuffling is complete.
- When cycling the deck, remove 5 cards from the game.
All other Standard UFS game rules apply.
- To register for a sanctioned UFS Turbo event, select the event date and venue from the official Matcherino.com website and create a user account. A player’s registered User ID must remain the same throughout the entire 2017-2018 Turbo season in order to receive points and prizes.
- Things to keep in mind when registering for a UFS Turbo event:
- Registration for all events will remain open until the posted start time of the event. Once the start time has passed, event registration will automatically close.
- The entry fee for each UFS Turbo event is $5.00. Half of the entry fee will go to the Venue for hosting the event. The remaining half of the entry fee will go toward upgrades to the turbo charged sports car.
- All payments are final upon the official start of any sanctioned UFS Turbo event.
- An event must have a minimum of 8 registered players in order to be sanctioned. Players may view the official Matcherino event page to see how many current players are registered.
- In the case of an event not reaching the minimum player count, players will be refunded their entire entry fee and the event will not be recorded.
- Players must bring their printed or digital receipt as proof of purchase to the venue in order to be verified and entered into the event.
– It is ILLEGAL for a venue to accept direct payments for UFS Turbo events! Any payments that are not made through the official Matcherino website are not recorded into the event database and cannot be accepted. Taking direct payment through any means other than the official page is fraudulent and will warrant immediate legal action!
- A venue must register for an event 21 days prior to its start time and may register for as many events as they would like during the UFS Turbo season.
- Please see the “How to run a UFS Turbo Event” tab for more details on hosting an event.
- Players of a sanctioned UFS Turbo event earn 50 Redemption points for participating.
- Players that win a UFS Turbo event earn:
- 1,000 additional Redemption points (1,050 total points after participation).
- 3 Player of the Year points.
- Qualification to participate in the 2017-2018 UFS Turbo World Championship.
- Improved seeding in the UFS Turbo World Championship (see notes below).
- Top 8 players at the UFS Turbo World Championship will receive:
- 5th through 8th place: 3 Player of the Year points
- 3rd & 4th place: 5 Player of the Year points.
- 2nd Place: 10 Player of the Year points.
- 1st Place: 15 Player of the Year points.
- The UFS Turbo World Champion will receive the keys and title to a custom built, turbo charged sports car. Half of the entry fees collected from the 2017-2018 turbo events will be used on improvements and upgrades to the car. Jasco Games will be posting updates periodically on benchmarks made for the upgrades, including images and videos of the grand prize.
-Unlike Standard UFS tournaments, players earn no Player of the Year points during round play.
-For each UFS Turbo event that a player wins, they will receive higher seeding in the UFS
Turbo World Championship.
-Redemption points earned during the UFS Turbo season may not be shared with other players.
-All UFS Turbo Redemption Points will be awarded to players AFTER the World Championship.
7) Important Dates
- The 2017-2018 UFS Turbo Season begins on September 23, 2017.
- The final date of the UFS Turbo season is March 16, 2019.
- The Turbo World Championship will take place March 30, 2019 in Omaha Nebraska.
- The next UFS Turbo Season begins April 12, 2019.
8) Turbo Events Outside of the United States
- Venues and players wishing to participate in UFS Turbo events outside of the United States follow the same rules as above with the following exception:
- The entry fee for International UFS Turbo events will be handled on an event-by-event basis. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.